should i get a ticket?

Currently reading:
should i get a ticket?

should i have got a ticket?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
right the pictures below are the incident in question. i parked at 17:45 and free parking started at 18:00. recieved a parking ticket that i am refusing to pay.

my car in place where i got the ticket...
Photo-0182.jpg

the section without the car...
Photo-0183.jpg

round the corner...
Photo-0212.jpg

the yellow line :confused:
Photo-0213.jpg

Last edited:
I don't get it, am I being stupid? You were parked on a single yellow during a time you weren't allowed to be, what's the problem?

I see why you got a ticket but what time did you get it at? If it was after six then yes, you have an argument if the signage said you could park there. If signage/ lines were poor then you may get off on a technicality, as Custard suggests. If signage was there and the ticket was issued before six then i don't see the problem and you should pay up :)

custard boy said:
IIRC there has to be end lines(dont know the term)at both ends or the line isnt legal.remeber seeing someone win a case on a double yellow that way

that why i went for it, was running late for college. and took the pic as soon as i got out the car just in case ;)

Helz said:
I see why you got a ticket but what time did you get it at? If it was after six then yes, you have an argument if the signage said you could park there. If signage/ lines were poor then you may get off on a technicality, as Custard suggests. If signage was there and the ticket was issued before six then i don't see the problem and you should pay up :)

17:57 :eek: what was the point in that???

Based on what custard said, you were perfectly within your rights to park there. the ticket may have been for obstruction of a junction though? or was it for parking on the yellow line?

uno_94 said:
yes that is correct my mum knows someone who won a case over that :) so where you parked was perfectly legal :)

they keep sending me letters saying you now need to pay £60,£80,£90 and so on. and i need to dispute it in writing if i dont want to pay. i sent them a letter with all those pictures inside :D they apparently didnt recieve them :eek: so have said just dont reply to the letters and they will take it that i dont want to pay! so i have! this was last may and the last letter i recieved was last month!

helpimonfire said:
Based on what custard said, you were perfectly within your rights to park there. the ticket may have been for obstruction of a junction though? or was it for parking on the yellow line?

it was for the yellow line, they said the the lines dont need to be finished off to be legal. :chin: it was custard that reminded me of it so just thaught i would share my story.

cheers custard (y)

Like custard says, there has to be yellow ending stripes (vertical to the pavement), and a continous yellow line, or the ticket cant legally stand. i saw this on a car program a while ago where they also said that people are also challenging yellow lines over drain grids, as the line is not continous.

stilosporting said:
they keep sending me letters saying you now need to pay £60,£80,£90 and so on. and i need to dispute it in writing if i dont want to pay. i sent them a letter with all those pictures inside :D they apparently didnt recieve them :eek: so have said just dont reply to the letters and they will take it that i dont want to pay! so i have! this was last may and the last letter i recieved was last month!
oooooooooooooooooooooooh you need to get this sorted as it will go to court/baliffs.
you need to send this info via recorded delivery minimum so yuo can prove they recieved the info. here we can go to the office in person,can you do the same?

custard boy said:
oooooooooooooooooooooooh you need to get this sorted as it will go to court/baliffs.
you need to send this info via recorded delivery minimum so yuo can prove they recieved the info. here we can go to the office in person,can you do the same?

yeah i think i can do, will drive down monday! (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back