Technical Should I call it a day?

Currently reading:
Technical Should I call it a day?

stuartmc

My Bravo Dualogic has never run properly since the gearbox was rebuilt, but at least has still been drivable. Over the last few months it's been stuttering more on upward changes so I've been planning to take it to the main agent to get the clutch re-trained.

I checked the clutch fluid level before calling them, but though the fluid level is OK it's full of black particles.

I'm guessing the seals in the master cylinder are breaking up. Maybe the repairer filled it with the wrong fluid?

A new master cylinder sounds more than the car's worth so it could be heading for the scrapyard. Great shame to do that to a car I really like!

Appreciate any ideas how I could rescue it. Perhaps a main agent or an independent that has good knowledge of Dualogic and could give me an honest opinion....or should I call it a day!

Given others experience with this exact model and gearbox, I’d suggest calling it a day. Even the newest bravos must be 10 years old now, and they seemed to fare very well compared to other fiats, what’s the car worth compared to what major gearbox work could cost, I’d always assume anything with a duologic is going to be major work

I'm in north Cambs near Peterborough. Out of interest varesecrazy what's involved with flushing out the fluid and setting it up? I'm no stranger to hydraulics (have a classic citroen ds).

Yeah it's Dec 09 so just 12 years old about 110k miles. It did have a full gearbox rebuild, new clutch and flywheel etc about 2 years ago. that was just shy of £1500 so would be great to squeeze a bit more life out of it as the rest of the car's fine.

Stuart

Back