General Should I buy a Doblo?

Currently reading:
General Should I buy a Doblo?

Thanks for all your replies, Doblo owners, you are certainly happy ones.
Does anyone have a seven seater Family version and know whether the 3rd row of seats go in/out easily? I would need to be able to store them if I wanted to use the whole boot. The local dealer does not seem to have any knowledge of the Family version. Thanks :)

It's fairly easy to get them out, if you've got help, but getting them back in is bad.
As they're a one piece bench they're pretty heavy and quite a tight fit so as T says, be careful not to scratch the trim. I've had mine in and out a few times (ooh err missus) without scratching the trim until the last time I did it when I put a big scrape in it :cry:.
The trick when putting them back is to have them as far forward as they'll go with the middle seats folded, then line up with the clamps on the floor and drop them in.
As for storage, you'll need a big space in your garage or shed.
Good luck if you have a go (y)

When I was looking round last year, I test drove the berlingo, kangoo and doblo.
All the little storage compartments are a great idea (something dobbins could do with) but I found the dobbin coming out tops on many things; better driving position, easier to access (I'm not called sludgeguts for nothing), more space, more headroom, cheaper insurance, better fuel economy, longer & taller (according to the Parker's comparison).
To be honest, the dobbin would benefit from a decent spoiler, one that could split into three to utilise as a roofrack and much of the spare headroom would benefit from the addition of storage, as would the seemingly wasted space under the seats - but I can live without those things.

To be honest, the dobbin would benefit from a decent spoiler, one that could split into three to utilise as a roofrack and much of the spare headroom would benefit from the addition of storage, as would the seemingly wasted space under the seats - but I can live without those things.

I've always thought things like this were a bit of a let down, including the lack of split rear seats on the 7 seater, but it's the lack of these that keeps the price down so we shouldn't complain too much ;).

Back