General Should I buy a Doblo?

Currently reading:
General Should I buy a Doblo?

Scottish Weekender

I need to replace my ageing Marea Weekend and need a cheapish newly new car with lots of space. Are Doblos like driving a van? Will it reduce my street cred from average to non-existant? Will my kids want picked up from school in it? Do owners regret buying a Doblo or love them?

I have checked out www.fiatsupasaver.com and they are doing some great deals, does anyone have any experience of buying from them?

Hope you can all help me make a huge decision! Thanks

Doblos aren't like driving a van, although it is a van-like driving position they feel as smooth and comfortable as the average car. But then again most modern vans aren't like driving a van.

It will definitely reduce your street cred to non existent, but that's part of the appeal with a Doblo...well, for me anyway.

The kids might be ok about being picked up in it if you buy one in a colour that blends into the background. Kids, in my experience, are particularly embarrassed about being picked up in an orange Doblo.

Most forum members, including myself, seem to be delighted with their Doblo.

I managed to haggle at the dealer and get the 1.9 Family model for £9,700 but I think fiatsupasaver can beat that so stick with them.

Hope some of this helps,

Hi - I've only had mine a few weeks, but pleased so far...but probably best listen to those with longer experience.

Re fiatsupersaver, it looks like they list my model at £9495. I guess that is unregistered but without metallic paint etc (perhaps road tax). I paid a fiver more than thier price for a preregistered model (registered only 1 month earlier) but got metallic and 12 mths road tax thrown-in, from a fiat dealer. Car was instock and available in 2 days. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the dealers are willing to cut their margin to shift them and it may be worth looking around.

In terms of value, I bought the Dynamic as air-con was a must. The other benefits of this spec (alloys and the elec windows & mirrors) are of little value to me. For me, a real bargain would have been an in-stock Active spec with just air-con from the options list.

Hope that helps.

i wouldnt hesitate to buy another doblo there the most comfortable vehicle for the size, price, and spec! and a fun drive too! you cant go wrong!!!

If anyone asks 'why?' Just reply........"My dear, don't you know?...'industrial chic' is so now this year!

Happy Dobloing.

Go ahead and buy one - most kids who ride in mine think its cool because of the seven seats. It's got no street cred at all and is sniffed at by everyone - except those of us brave enough to buy one. The plastics are a bit fragile and watch the door electrodes, but other then that their fine. The 1.3 engine is very reliable.

The best bit is the run back from IKEA when you realise that half the stuff you bought wouldn't fit into any other car.

I've had my Doblo for 4 months now and I too had a Marea previously (JTD130). My kids (ages 5 & 7) love it. My wife loves it (especially the sliding doors) and it's got to be the most practical car ever.
I don't know about street cred - I used to own a Skoda Estelle and I still have a Morris Minor.
We've already taken it on holiday once and it proved to be an excellent load carrier, and hopefully it will come into it's own on our yearly tour around France in a few months.

The only advice I can give is - just go for it! You won't be disapointed.

The good thing is you are not going to have to change it after 2 years because it has gone out of fashion..................;)

Last edited:
The good thing is you are not going to have to change it after 2 years because it has gone out of fashion..................;)

Sell it privatly after three and buy a new one. Done the math and its the best way to get cheap trouble free driving. Fiat must make all their profit on their servicing.

Hey, I carry a speedway bike and all the gear in mine and everyone thinks its the Tardis, as there is still room to spare. One of my mates reckons most of my garage is in there. Therefore space tends to be large.
Driving postion great,view super, economy very good. Insurance not expensive. Say no more, as the man said.:)

we are in a tizwas...wether to get a new doblo or to wait for the new kangoo this year!
you see, we sleep out in the car during the summer alot and the new kangoo rear seats fold down flat...could be handy! (y)
Also the last doblo we had (1.9 diesel), the heater was terrible! :mad:

But the doblo was a treat to drive, smooth, went well! and also more roomy.
Choices choices!

Tiggs

we are in a tizwas...wether to get a new doblo or to wait for the new kangoo this year!
you see, we sleep out in the car during the summer alot and the new kangoo rear seats fold down flat...could be handy! (y)
Also the last doblo we had (1.9 diesel), the heater was terrible! :mad:

But the doblo was a treat to drive, smooth, went well! and also more roomy.
Choices choices!

Tiggs

yeap dobbin is a great vechicle.... but have you seen the new citroen... berlingo saw it in the papr but can't find any pictures i believe they will be doing a 7 seater version....

I have had the Doblo Cargo 1.3 multijet for 2 years and it is the best van I have ever driven 55mpg and is soo smooth, and I loce its ugly looks, no young racer chav would nick this baby:)

Thanks for all your replies, Doblo owners, you are certainly happy ones.
Does anyone have a seven seater Family version and know whether the 3rd row of seats go in/out easily? I would need to be able to store them if I wanted to use the whole boot. The local dealer does not seem to have any knowledge of the Family version. Thanks :)

Back