Technical short shifter

Currently reading:
Technical short shifter

I'd rather have the gear lever closer to the steering wheel, less time with a hand off the wheel during changes.

Cheers

D

I can't really understand why somebody would want a shorter one, unless they were doing something like racing. With a longer one you probably have a little more control, and there is probably less chance of getting the wrong gear. I haven't really had any problems with getting the wrong gears, but maybe I would if I had a shorter stick?

Cutting the lever does make the travel distance slightly shorter, but a proper quick shift would make the gear still sit more or less at the stock height but by bahing a new geometry and pivot point, it is the unseen part that travels the distance quicker, hence you require less travel from the top.

The problem with the cinq is that the gear lever is already very low in my opinion, and the stock ratio and syncros don't seem to like too much of a quick shift. Honda S2000s break 1st gear syncros because at drag runs people shift to 2nd gear too quick for the revs to drop to the proper requirement that the syncro would like them to drop to, and hence in a short time kill the syncro.

I can't really understand why somebody would want a shorter one, unless they were doing something like racing. With a longer one you probably have a little more control, and there is probably less chance of getting the wrong gear. I haven't really had any problems with getting the wrong gears, but maybe I would if I had a shorter stick?

If you look at many competition cars the gear lever pivot is raised off the floor to bring a shorter lever closer to the wheel.

Cheers

D

£600...yeah

If I knew a decent fabricator, Id get my manifold design finished. Similar design to that although not sidedraught, and uses a slightly longer intake length to make the power band road useable, and it only supports a max. 40mm TB, although is suited to MPi and SPi.

I reckon I can do that for less than £150 too...

Back