shock absorbers

Currently reading:
shock absorbers

G

gaz

ok, ive been very lucky to have mine pass an mot, they were a caution 2 years ago due to leaking oil, and this year mr mechanic was tempted to fail me , but as hes a friend of mine he passed it for me.
im pretty sure they need changing , the one corner of my car is now substantially lower than the others ( i noticed when only 1 of my ramps would fit under the bumper when it came to oil change time lol), and on hard braking the car tries to spin.

obviously very dangerous

so all i need to no is
do i have to change them as a pair or is it safe to do them individually.

cheers guys
gaz

Fiat bravo 1.6sx
Modifications - window tints , alloys , blue leather interior, silver dashboard , meshed bumper , blue pedals and gearknob , blue footwell neons, clear side repeaters, custom fiat badges, blue LED fog lights, and soon (in post) Boo Vinyl!

Pairs...

KYB is what i would go for, cost less than 60 quid

Given how dangerous they are now, you MUST get a pair. If it were that they were both decent, and one was damaged in a bump or something, it would be reasonably safe to take a chance and fit one, but if they have been knacked for this long, they need renewing as a pair. As above, a pair of KYB ones are as good or better than the originals, and a little bit cheaper too! It'd cost you a maximum of 2 hours labour at a garage to get them replaced if you supply the KYB ones. Your car will fell much better (and be a lot safer) with the new ones on.

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4
& now ex owner of a Bravo 1.8