She's gone in for her MOT

Currently reading:
She's gone in for her MOT

cheers trev - well they've just rang, only 2 things slightly wrong:

headlights need adjusting (lowered since last MOT so that's why)
my plates aren't correct spacing bla bla bla lol

just got to get some boring "propper" plates and it's a pass! :)

this is what i have at the mo:
E 15 DAN.gif

so got to get one like this :( :) which is fair enough
E15_DAN.gif

::: danhearn.co.uk ::: unitedgoals.tk ::: my boo member page ::: [email protected] :::

Can you not just get some cheap ones knocked up from motormania or somewhere (£12 pair) and just change them over when you get home, or is that what youre going to do?? :S

KeithR

the guy is sound, he said if i drive round the corner and take the standard ones off he's not bothered - just got to see that i've got propper plates on for the test, so yeah i'm just gonna get some made up somewhere, but i'm in work til 6 so it's looking like a halfords jobbie? anyone know how much for a set of plain plates from halfords?

got to nip home first though for all the sodding documentation: http://www.halfords.com/524.asp

just got to put them on tonight and i can put my abarth ones back on after the test :)

::: danhearn.co.uk ::: unitedgoals.tk ::: my boo member page ::: [email protected] :::

From what i remember expensive £25 - £30 for simple plain ones but i cant remember exactly.

Sounds like the type of guy you want for an MOT test then, i once put my last car in for MOT with tights on the back lights (apologies - all) and the guy rang me and just laughed at me! lol :)

KeithR

it does look quite good, but you gotta make sure they are clean! especially if they are ur mums or nans lol

dan, on your number plate, was it just the letter spacing or is there a problem with the abarth badge too? might go for sum plates with those badges @ 'gtgrafixs' right?

Nah it was a peugeot 405, lol, tights were XXL :)

Looks ok with black tights, ive seen some with a 'tan' colour on???

KeithR

it was the font and letter spacing mate! you get away with the badges at most places!

to be honest it will be a good thing as if i ever get pulled over can just say sorry sir left my show plates on i've got my propper ones in the boot and show them... got mates who do this and they never get producers or anything so...

i need to get a new pair anyway as i've got mud behind the transparent plastic, i'll just stick them in the boot! i'm just gonna go for the plain text and badge.

also, i thought that plates now, by law, have to have the address of the supplier at the bottom?

it all depends on where you get them done though doesn't it! ;)

but yeah, they should now have at least the postcode of where they are from.

Cheapest place I know that makes them is £9.99 where I work. So you going to be paying £20+ anyway. Just don't forget your license photocard and V5 log book!

I got my plates from GTGrafix a good while back now, really pleased with them.

Dan glad your car never failed on anything expensive.

Never thought lowering a car would alter the lights as the whole cars been lowered the same.

Joske

Banners.JPG