General She alive!!!!!!!!!

Currently reading:
General She alive!!!!!!!!!

mjgoddo71

Finally after 14 months of sitting on my drive with an ill fitting cover (until it was ripped to pieces by the wind in Nov 2012). I've managed to sort the electrical problem which i thought to be the immobiliser, but turned out to be the ignition wire, to starter solenoid which had slipped off!!! this took me a whole 10 mins to diagnose and fix with the aid of some pliers!!!:bang::bang::bang:

Hopefully after a little cleaning and an oil change, another Tipo Sedicivalvole will be back on the road. She wasn't cheap to bring back to life in 2011 and cost me close to £1K to make road worthy. I'm sure she'll cause me other troubles and cost when she goes for MOT.

Anyone have any ideas whats likely to go, she had all new brakes, pipes and hoses, second-hand 88K engine, new cam belt, main bearings etc. If i can remember rightely i think a rear wheel bearing was making some noise when i last drove her in feb 2012. When she was MOT'd there were no advisories re, rot etc, but she's been sitting in the british weather for quite a while.

Also are any of the other sedici drivers able to insure as a classic (approx costs would be good, i'm 41)? i'd like to run her over the summer and clear my garage to store her over the winter.

Anyway hear are a couple of pics

Mark

Attachments

• IMAG0041_zpsf15594b2.jpg
    IMAG0041_zpsf15594b2.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMAG0042_zps8ae7dd79.jpg
    IMAG0042_zps8ae7dd79.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
That's nice to hear, hope you're in for an enjoyable summer in her. The 3-door mk2s were prettier than the 5-door mk1s, whick had a certain chunky charm of their own.

I'm using my old faithful blue1.4ie 5 door at the moment, really nice to drive now that a lot of niggles have been sorted. Getting the sills welded tomorrow, hopefully for the last time!

Cheers, I used to drive my mums mk1 1.4 dgt and later her mk2 1.4 s, great little cars
Mark

One thing's for certain, whatever she costs, you're not going to lose anything in depreciation.

I run mine the other way round, she doesn't have aircon, so gets more use in winter.

Your "whats likely to go" question made me chuckle:
2192us0.jpg
No one knows.

Enjoy the summer.

I'm sure it'll cost me a fortune!! I'm not too worried about the summer and heat, if its like last year it'll snow in September!

i vaguely remember 1976 being the mad heat wave, i was about 4/5 year old

Hope its not like that, it was too hot

We worked all through summer 76 in London in my VW Beetle workshop, went on holiday to sunny Cornwall on Sep 1st and it peed down on the 2nd.
We came back to London after a week and went to Spain for the second week.

It rained in Spain too, but not as consistently as in yUK.
Now we live in Spain, so we get the sunshine we wanted back then.

All's well that ends well.

Back