General Sh*te weekend

Currently reading:
General Sh*te weekend

A little update:

After several days of trying for a second angiogram (only to have it cancelled due to higher priorities), the hospital carried this out yesterday. They found a small aneurysm, and decided that the correct procedure would be to clip it. This unfortunately is invasive (with all the risks this entails) but she made it through the operation, and the surgeons are pleased with the results.

She is now in a high dependancy unit (HDU) for a couple of days, one step down from intensive care. I've been down there all day, and the nurses say she is their star patient. She has been mostly asleep, but when she does wake up she is coherent and just like her old self. Not like some of the others in the unit, I'm afraid. :(

So hopefully now all we have to do is sit tight and wait for time, the great healer, to do its work.

I've learnt an awful lot over the last week or so. There's a lot of information in this article, if anyone's interested..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subarachnoid_hemorrhage

I view Wikipedia with a modicum of suspicion most of the time, but this ties in consistently with what I've heard from the medical staff. Other than mass screening for the precursors of the event, it seems that it'll continue to be just another way for people to die unexpectedly. I consider myself very very fortunate that my beloved is still here.

Regards to all,

Plug

Back