Technical Servo removal

Currently reading:
Technical Servo removal

Got the servo out. It was stuck on all the sealant. I had to cut it out. Treated all the rusty and sprayed it back to black.
All back together now. Cut the excess sealant off and rub a nice tight bead along the bottom. Put Tiger seal on the servo before fitting.
Also Tiger sealed the duck bill in.
Just need to find a bit of inner tube now to modify it.
Glad it's done now.....

Well done. Now I am feeling like Mr negative. :eek:

Well done. Now I am feeling like Mr negative. :eek:

Don't worry about it. I'm just glad it's done.
My biggest problem now is the steering column.
Had the red light on so ordered a reconditioned one from ECUtesting. I fitted it and it was great. To it for an MOT and it came back with an advisory of play in the column. So I rocked the from 6 to 12 and 9 to 3 and sure enough it did. This play is not in the steering. It's the bearing at the top of the column.
Called and sent it back. The sent it back and in my opinion it's the same. I've now got to call them tomorrow and try and sort it out.
Grrrrrrrr

Don't worry about it. I'm just glad it's done.
My biggest problem now is the steering column.
Had the red light on so ordered a reconditioned one from ECUtesting. I fitted it and it was great. To it for an MOT and it came back with an advisory of play in the column. So I rocked the from 6 to 12 and 9 to 3 and sure enough it did. This play is not in the steering. It's the bearing at the top of the column.
Called and sent it back. The sent it back and in my opinion it's the same. I've now got to call them tomorrow and try and sort it out.
Grrrrrrrr

Sorry to here that. I have two times in the last weeks for the first time had the steering light come on when reversing over my rough drive......and I am left hand drive and cannot get a cheaper unit from the UK. Everything is very expensive here. A cheap replacement car is going to cost me many thousands and then still I will be fixing it.

Sorry to here that. I have two times in the last weeks for the first time had the steering light come on when reversing over my rough drive......and I am left hand drive and cannot get a cheaper unit from the UK. Everything is very expensive here. A cheap replacement car is going to cost me many thousands and then still I will be fixing it.

That's a shame. Where are you? Can you not get a recon one there.
I paid about £130 or so with all postage and collection included.
But alas, I've removed the original one. Fitted the new one
Removed it again and sent it back.
Fitted it again and still not right.
So I'll have to remove it again.
They seem to think there is nothing wrong with it.
I think I will take a drive to the MOT guy.
I know him well enough for him to just take a look....

Demand a refund and get one from Western Power Steering.
https://www.fiatforum.com/western-power-steering/

I am in Finland. The taxes are high and we do not have the economies of scale the UK has with such a large population. However prices for steering units are not as high as I remember and touch wood I will not need one any time soon.

But I was looking at pictures of the top part of a steering column. How can it be possible that top bearing is worn out?

Back