Technical Servicing a Panda Fire 999cc

Currently reading:
Technical Servicing a Panda Fire 999cc

scout

Big is not always better
Po has just had a service and MOT.

MOT was no problem, sailed through although it may need engine mounts for next MOT (easily sourced on e-bay). The service however was a different story. What I need are the points, now I know that they are available on e-bay (but not from the motor factors :rolleyes: ) but to be on the safe side I thought I'd ask on here for a heads up as to part number etc. to look for on the bay. (If someone has a favourite supplier that they trust and are happy to share I would be grateful)

Thanks in advance

scout

EDIT It doesn't have to be on ebay ;)

Last edited:
Don't talk to me about points... -- VmanC and I (mostly Saint Vernon) happily(?) wasted an afternoon trying to sort Pippin because of a set of points.... Nearly converted me (well, the car -- although it might help me, too...!) to electronic ignition.... :bang:

In other words, you're right to ask; and it's probably also why Vernon seems to have a ready supply of the things.... :slayer:

scout the obvious place is Ricambio - £24 for the cassette points or less for a repair kit (whatever that is!). You can probably get it a bit cheaper but know the quality will be good & it arrives on your mat the next day. (y)

Speak to Franco, tell him I've sent you his way & to give you a good price. He probably won't be able to do much but he might laugh hysterically & knock a bit off the postage...... :idea:

Gosh, it's to late now!

I've got stock of brand new OE points (part number 9938276, M. Marelli). £20 including postage. Please let me know if spare one still required.

Gosh, it's to late now!

I've got stock of brand new OE points (part number 9938276, M. Marelli). £20 including postage. Please let me know if spare one still required.

Yes, I'll want a spare. I want a bag in the boot with points, plugs, dizzy cap, rotor arm, coil, leads and cambelt. That way if my daughter breaks down, the RAC will probably be able to get her going (y) which will save me a journey to recover her.

Last edited:
Yes, I'll want a spare. I want a bag in the boot with points, plugs, dizzy cap, rotor arm, coil, leads and cambelt. That way if my daughter breaks down, the RAC will probably be able to get her going (y) which will save me a journey to recover her.

Such a good idea! :worship:

There's already a toolkit in there; but I think this is well-worth doing! Ta. (y)

Back