Serviced the tipo today

Currently reading:
Serviced the tipo today

As per title completed a service on my Tipo today
Just the usual stuff oil filters pollen filter ect Alos took the plugs out and had a quick check on them been in two years and around 13k miles as expected they are nearly perfect apart from some surface rust around the bottom of the hex section they are iridium plugs so should be fine for many more miles

Also some surface rust appearing on the edges of the subframe and around the mounting tubes so slapped some grease on these bits to give it a little protection the cars now's 4 and Half years old

Also changed the gearbox oil for peace of mind intend to keep this car for quite A few years now unless something make some need to change it so want to take car of it and I think the age and 44k miles is a good time to change the oil whilst servicing it thankfully no sign of any metal particles in the oil

Only trouble is now my skin smells of gearbox oil as I'm sure anybody who has worked with it knows how strongly the stuff smells

As per title completed a service on my Tipo today
Just the usual stuff oil filters pollen filter ect Alos took the plugs out and had a quick check on them been in two years and around 13k miles as expected they are nearly perfect

Only trouble is now my skin smells of gearbox oil as I'm sure anybody who has worked with it knows how strongly the stuff smells

Have you got rid of that smell yet ?? ;)

Were those plugs 'factory' ?

Or did you swap them early..??

The old FIRE (500) motors plugs I pulled last summer were pretty tired.. but the Irigiums I fitted havent really improved things as I had hoped

The old FIRE (500) motors plugs I pulled last summer were pretty tired.. but the Irigiums I fitted havent really improved things as I had hoped
The plugs definitely wasn't factory ad they would have been on44k miles by then

They were some iridium plugs I fitted after getting car at something like 32-33k

I'm always interested to read about people's experience when fitting iridium (or other "long life" plugs) where the standard fitment was a "copper" standard plug back in the day. Of course where an engine comes equipped as standard with the iridium type, like my Ibiza, I would always fit the same when renewing, especially on these modern small turbo'd engines where I think the plugs probably lead a hard life, but for something older, like Becky or the, late lamented, Jazz, or my boy's Punto, etc, etc, which originally came with old type "copper" plugs, I prefer to just continue with these (which I renew roughly every two years, checking gaps at the 12 months). I've never had any problems and don't see any performance advantage to fitting the long life alternative - apart from reducing maintenance of course. Also our local factor sells the older type plugs for, relatively speaking, sweeties.

Back