Technical Service

Currently reading:
Technical Service

mark mc

Hi,

A mate is going to service my '52 1.9jtd.

What bits do I need to get for him (filters, oil etc.)?

Also, the diesel heater light flashes for a few minutes on start up. What is cause and cure please?

Ta,

Mark.

Hi,
Most of the parts required are listed in the parts list available by clicking on the ePER on the toolbar, Or A motor factor can supply the relevant parts, if you are not buying from a fiat dealer;)
From what I can deduce the issue with the glowplug warning light flashing for 60 seconds after start up maybe a glowplug or two not working,:cry:link to glowplugs on ebay, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=170048192500&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007
If you find out re fault with glowplugs ,
please post back your findings for other forum members info,:D

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Glowplugs

A few months ago Mrs_G's Cargo was in for service it had the glowplugs changed because the glowplug light was staying on. We never had a problem starting the engine.

Long story short: One plug got stuck part way out. Ended up having to have the head off and refurbished - not cheap !!!!!

If presented with the same situation in future we will live with the light staying on until the van becomes hard to start.

Back