Server 2003 IP conflicting

Currently reading:
Server 2003 IP conflicting

BenGP

I have server 2003 with about 10 Pc's set up on it at home, using switches and routers reconfigured to be Wireless access points. I am having trouble with one of the AP's it is causing an IP conflict with the LAN NIC on the server, DHCP is disabled on the AP and it has an IP address set as 192.168.1.10, and obviously the Lan on the server is 192.168.1.1. I have triple checked ALL of the settings on the AP and nothing states that it is trying to use the same IP as the server.

DHCP is enabled on the server, and I'm wandering if disabling this and setting up IP reservations for all attached devices would solve this, therefore not allowing any unknown MAC to have an IP.

Really scratching my head with this one lol.

Thanks in advance (y)

It's a bit hard to diagnose without being there but what makes you sure a certain AP is taking its IP? Check them all, I'd statically assign the AP's IP's either in the LAN Interface settings on the Ap's themselves or by DHCP from the server using their MAC addresses.

You haven't got Dual NIC's on the server and set the same IP on both have you? :p

It's a bit hard to diagnose without being there but what makes you sure a certain AP is taking its IP? Check them all, I'd statically assign the AP's IP's either in the LAN Interface settings on the Ap's themselves or by DHCP from the server using their MAC addresses.

You haven't got Dual NIC's on the server and set the same IP on both have you? :p

I have checked the event viewer and the AP's MAC address shows up that is trying to take the LAN IP on the server. I have IP reservations for both AP's, and set the AP's to have the IP's configured on the server. Thought setting up IP reservations accross the board may help?

lol, nah one is set up for WAN (IP from virgin) and one is LAN set up for 192.168.1.1, the one the AP is trying to have. No idea why...

cheers mate (y)

I have checked the event viewer and the AP's MAC address shows up that is trying to take the LAN IP on the server. I have IP reservations for both AP's, and set the AP's to have the IP's configured on the server. Thought setting up IP reservations accross the board may help?

lol, nah one is set up for WAN (IP from virgin) and one is LAN set up for 192.168.1.1, the one the AP is trying to have. No idea why...

cheers mate (y)

Yes what your doing should work. Typo in the MAC address in the DHCP manager on the server?

Also I'd check DHCP is disabled on all the AP's, Theres a tool you can get called "DHCP Explorer" to help you isolate any rogue DHCP servers.

Back