General Selling price advice of our Seicento

Currently reading:
General Selling price advice of our Seicento

Owl09

My Mrs has a Seicento Sporting Schumacher Edition. It's an 02 Plate with approx. 68K miles. Bought for £800 a couple of years ago It's just had an M.O.T last month and has 5 month Tax. However it's almost certainly now got Head Gasket problems, it's losing water and has evidence of water in the oil. Also misfiring quite a bit! Other than that it's got the usual signs of wear and tear for a 11 yr old car.

We can't afford to fix it so has anyone any advice for getting rid? What price and where is the best place to Sell as Seen with no come back?

PS: No offence but please don't come back and say fix it yourself with a Haynes manual & some tools, a 12 year old could do it etc. There are some good mechanics on this forum but we haven't the expertise, the tools, the time or the money to fix it. I'm just look for some selling advice. :mad:

Hope someone can assist with practical advice.

Cheers

If you want to get rid quick id sell on ebay as spares or repairs - definately make people aware of problems in advert - take the tax off it and refund to recoup some funds or you might get a bit more if tax is included

You can always sell it in classifieds here and hopefully someone sees this thread and enquires, i reckon ebay may be that bit quicker though

If i was you and assume you probably want a quick sale as no one wants a dead car on their drive unless stripping it id be happy to take offers around £300-400 but be open to a sensible offer

Think this is a fair price seen as you only paid £800 a few years ago which was a cheap price then - the price i say now reflects a person may needing to put a few hundered £ investigating and fixing to make it worth somewhere close to what you paid for it

I would include photographs that show its a schumi model e.g the stickers and the model number to generate more interest

Last edited:
Thanks, I was thinking of putting it up at £400 but didn't want to frighten anyone off.

Interesting what you say about recouping the Tax as we thought leaving 5 months on would make it a bit more sellable and it meant they could drive it off (albeit chugging away!)?

I'll get it on EBay with a clear indication of the Head Gasket/ Misfire issue.

Cheers

Thanks, I was thinking of putting it up at £400 but didn't want to frighten anyone off.

Interesting what you say about recouping the Tax as we thought leaving 5 months on would make it a bit more sellable and it meant they could drive it off (albeit chugging away!)?

I'll get it on EBay with a clear indication of the Head Gasket/ Misfire issue.

Cheers

£400 is ok but £400 ono sounds better

The tax is probably better leaving on as like you say someone can drive it away but then again it is faulty and someone may want to trailer it / tow it away or you may get a silly offer so its up to you if you think its worthwhile keeping it or getting it back - the option is there

Back