Selling alloys.. refurb or sell as they are?

Currently reading:
Selling alloys.. refurb or sell as they are?

Gonna be selling these wheels sometime when I've got some bolts for Bunny's new HLX wheels..

Image_081_.jpg

Question is do I attempt a refurb as they have gained some unsightly scratches, or sell them as they are 'warts n all"?

Think they would quite suit a dark spoke with silver rim. Think this would improve my chance of getting a decent price?

To get them powder coated would cost £20 a wheel. Not sure if it would add £80 to the value of the wheels.

A bit of time and effort on my behalf with rattle tins might get them looking good. I might also ruin them and devalue them :eek:

There are a couple of deep scratches on the spokes that I made :(

I remember them now, pulling up outside my parents and finding the road slopes away quite steep to the curb... but the brand new high curbs made from granite are perfectly vertical... GOUGE!

i would just give me a good scrub up personally

Cor blimey custards propositioning you Rob :eek: :D

I say leave them as they are just give them a good clean and leave the refurb to the new owner to chose a colour etc to his or her choice :)

I have the same situation here I have two sets of alloys that need a lot of attention but both sets have mint 205/40/17 tyres what do I do :( sorry to highjack you thread rob but I know how you feel :bang:

Back