Technical selecta drive problem

Currently reading:
Technical selecta drive problem

neilo

Hi People,

Punto Selecta 98

I am having a problem getting into drive, (P.. R.. N.. are fine), and reading through the posts it seems that the general consensus is that my problem is with the powder clutch. However if it was the powder clutch would reverse still work perfectly as it does. It just will not go into drive. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Neil.

Worth checking the switch on the bulkhead,look up just to the left of the brake pedal & you will see it.
Search the forum as this has cropped up before.

Sorry accelerator switch I ment to add,worth checking before you cry at cost of clutch!

Last edited:
Ok I checked the 2 relays under the bonnet attached to the bulkhead one of which is a double relay and they both check out ok. The swithch on the end of the accelerator asembly is clicking when the pedal is lightly touched and when the car is running and in reverse this switch causes the clutch to engage as it should. However I still dont understand if the clutch is knackered why does reverse work perfectly with lots of power too. I thought forward and reverse where the same thing.

Can anyone advise where I can pick up a powder clutch.

Last edited:
Back