Technical Seicento whirring noise?

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento whirring noise?

I have recently heard a whirring noise for the first couple of minutes during early morning running, a noise which sounds rather like a loud whistle. I have just this morning noticed a quieter whirring noice which is there constantly and in time to the engine rpm. This seems to be coming from the alternator I think or somewhere in that region.

Any ideas? If it is the alternator anyone know what they cost to replace and how difficult are they to change? For referance it is a sporting model year 2000.

Many thanks. :confused:

Alternator bearings? With it being dampish and cold weather they will be more prominent to hear. They should quiten down once it has warmed up a bit (the engine, not the weather)

The belts as well, again can be heard because its damp?

Gusfree said:
Thanks Apple. Do you think I have a problem on my hands then or just the fact i can hear them now because its sooo cold and damp out?

That is a suggestiuon above, could be something else which someone else suggests. However i too have a similar noise too and just basing my suggestion on what has been suggested before :)

Does that make sense :D

If the car is running ok etc, starting up, the electrics and battery are all fine, then i dont think it would be the alternator which is faulty

Back