Technical Seicento Sporting Clutch Cable

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento Sporting Clutch Cable

terrorcrane

This morning as I was about to go to work in the Mrs Seicento I got 500yds down the road and ping the clutch cable goes. Fortunately being close I just jumped into the s60 and managed to get to work on time amazingly!

I found the fantastic guide on here for replacing the clutch cable and have penciled it in for next weekend. I went to order a cable and there are 2 types a 520 and non-520, this was news to me! I've had a look through the log book and there are no clues, it has a full service history with loads of documentation and the clutch has never been replaced.

It's a 1100 W reg Seicento Sporting, has anyone a clue about which one I need? I don't want to get to the job next weekend and have the wrong one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best bet would be to give Mick at Eurocarcare a call, he'll know what you need and will provide it at a good price. One warning though, it's not as easy in the Sei as it is in the Cinq due to restricted access. There are a few recent threads on the subject so have a quick search.
Bear in mind as well that cable failure is usually a warning of clutch problems or impending clutch failure so might be worth ordering a new clutch kit and doing the whole lot all at once (y)

one is for a 1108 the other an 899, one is longer than the other, think its the shorter one you need but a quick search of previous threads should tell you for definate

I should be the longer cable, about 700mm in length.

Just take the old one with you.

Thanks for the help guys, TBH I'm waiting until next weekend as I've got my dad coming to see his grand daughter and he's a mechanic so I didn't really want to touch it until then. I just want to get the part ordered but still not 100% sure which one it is

Thanks a lot for that, I've just emailed them to get an idea on delivery dates, will let you guys know how it goes

Back