Technical Seicento sporting aftermarket sus kits

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento sporting aftermarket sus kits

Martine

Fiat Toffee centre
I have a seicento sporting with abarth kit, this is a random question thats been bugging me for ages...
I've noticed sei sporting and sei lowering kits are listed separately on sites.

Does this mean a 30mm lowering kits for a sporting will lower my sei sporting 30mm lower than it is now with my standard -20mm springs or 30mm in total (ie 10mm lower than it is now?)

kind Regards

Martine

Last edited:
if you get a standard sei lowering kit, you need to -20mm to get the real height it will drop.

if you get a sei sporting lowering kit then it will drop the rated height.

this is becuase (as you have said) the sei sporting is 20mm lower than the standard seis and so the rating on a standard sei kit isnt including the -20mm that the sporting is already on, therefore a -30mm sei kit will drop a sporting 10mm.

But if i buy a kit for a Sei sporting eg 30mm it will lower it to 30mm lower than it is on the -20mm springs? (edited top post to make it clearer :p)

I'm wondering whether to get these...

FK
Highsport coilovers.
Front axle height adjustable 30-100mm Drop, rear axle 40mm springs
£381.88 (inc. VAT)
http://www.venommotorsport.com/cgi-bin/froogle/shop.pl?Prod_ID=1790

SPAX
PSX Suspension Kits (Adj.)
Lowers Car By 30mm This kit will transform the handling of your car for fast road or track day use.With uprated and shortened dampers giving vastly improved handling and uprated and lowered springs giving reduced roll and race car looks and handling. Featuring on-car damping adjustment - now with 28 stage adjustment on struts and dampers for quick, easy and precise suspension tuning to suit different driving styles.Complete with motorsport damper internals for ultimate performance
£382.49 (inc VAT)http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?id=49611

Do you think it is worth going for coilovers?

Last edited:
Hang on....clearing this up again...

Coilovers. The fronts are already coilovers.

What you mean is ADJUSTABLE Suspension!!

Without looking into it further, I cant honestly remember what advantages the coilover shock design holds over other layouts.

Personally, Id think adjustable sus isnt worth the money unless youre gonna be track day'ing it a lot...you just wouldnt get your money's out of it, cos generally I believe its a case of one setting goes, its just finding that setting that's the pig!

arseofbox said:

Yes I mean adjustable height coilovers

I'm having a great debate at home. I like the idea of the coilovers as the height at the front can be adjusted for shows etc and I can experiment how low it can go as a daily drive without scrubbing/catching bumps, (as I usually find the front of cars have more probs when lowered than the back) - HOWEVER the back is none adjustable and will only lower my car by another 20mm,(the kit is just a normal sei one, don't do sporting) but I think it would look nice lowered further.

The adjustable dampening kits would be helpful as my previous lowering kit on my last car was not hard enough, and driving down the M6 near preston there are alot of dips, so although the car didn't look particulary low it would catch at the back when going over these dips.

So working with what is available on the market to reach what I want, I would idealy need to have the front coilovers (FK) and an adjustable dampening kit (spax or something) -30mm or -60mm on the back, as I can't really justify buying two kits to split, I'm wondering what might be best

I'm just asking for peoples opinions/ideas (sorry for the long post)

Last edited:
arseofbox said:

Without looking into it further, I cant honestly remember what advantages the coilover shock design holds over other layouts.

Personally, Id think adjustable sus isnt worth the money unless youre gonna be track day'ing it a lot...you just wouldnt get your money's out of it, cos generally I believe its a case of one setting goes, its just finding that setting that's the pig!

Asking the marketing manager of Koni Germany at the IAA in Frankfurt what he replies to his clients when asked about adjustables his response was:
"When car enthusiast approach me I will enquire first whether it is for road or track use. When it is for road use I ask them how often they will change the setting. Nobody will do it more than 5 times. And what about the tracking?"

Anyway, when lowering too much the strain on the already fairly weak diffs increases more than we all wish, which is even more of a problem when cars are modified.

another FF member in blackpool - will have to keep an eye out for your car. If you see my car, or my mates yellow sei abarth running on white OZ wheels - give us a wave :wave:

Martine said:
The adjustable dampening kits would be helpful as my previous lowering kit on my last car was not hard enough, and driving down the M6 near preston there are alot of dips, so although the car didn't look particulary low it would catch at the back when going over these dips

i know which bit of the M6 you mean there, my cinq which is dropped 60mm on a spax PSX kit has no real trouble with it. You feel the bumps, but nothing hits the ground.

Back