General Seicento speaker wiring

Currently reading:
General Seicento speaker wiring

simcox1

Hello. Can somebody help me out with the speaker wire colours for a 1999 Seicento Sporting? I've just removed the standard speakers and didn't note the polarity. So I don't know which is positive and which is negative.

The colours are:

Left speaker - white/black and red/black

Right speaker - purple/black and pink/black

The manual doesn't help. Thanks.

I think I've got it. Based on other posts, it looks like:

red/black +
white/black -

pink/black +
purple/black -

Thanks!

What i do ifthis happens is very simple, i've got an old speaker, only a 5w or something like that, on that the terinals are marked - and +, i've cut everything away, cone, dome, edgeing, suspension just leaving the 2 wires and the voice coil. wire up your speaker wires to the now ripped to bits speaker, if the voice coil jumps out you've got the wires on the right way, if not then the - and + wires are on the wrong terminal, swap them just to be sure. once you know this then whatever colour is attached to the - is the - and viceversa.

its easy to test a speaker which hasn't got the - and + marks on them (like the standard ones) simply stick a AA battery onto the speaker terminals, if the speaker jumps up, then whichever terminal is attaced to the + end is the + terminal, if it goes down, its the other one.

as long as both speakers are wired the same, its not really a big deal for mids or highs, but bass will be affected as the speaker is designed to pump outwards not inwards.

hope this helps(y)

oh, i might of got lucky then. i did do alot of testing when i wired up my speakers to get the best sound so hopefully my body decided which had the best bass as it does sound good.

id say plug them both in the same turn it up. see wat it sounds like. if your not happy swap it over and try again,

ps. sorry about language in previous post. keyboard dodgy and i didnt proof read:p.

Back