General Seicento spark plugs question!?

Currently reading:
General Seicento spark plugs question!?

Abarth-owner

Evening all,

Has anyone used iridium or platinum spark plus? or do you know better spark plugs that i could use?

Did they make the engine run any hotter? any performance gain? etc.....

I only want the best for my car and nothing less!

IIRC a few people have mentioned about wanting to use them but I dont think anyone does.

Id think theyre fairly good as some engines need them to run (eg: VW only Spec the G40 / G60 engines to run Iridium plugs).

I think the pin point helps with spark heat, but I dunno

I've ran the iridiums in the past, never really noticed a performance gain though I was only buying them cos they last longer.

I'd stick with the standard plugs myself.

Liam

I think the lasting longer bit would sway me to buy them anyway! She's just come out of the body shop today (just to remove scratches from the previous owner) and looks gorgeous! this is the first smart looking car I have had and I want to get everything right! Any advice on maintainance/best products to use would be most appreciated

Vicky

Well I drive mines enthusiastically so treat my baby to oil and filter every six months, 10w 40 and whatever filter is there to hand whether it be Champion or Halfrauds, many would argue over better quality but there all the same to me.

Apart from following the service schedule and keeping it clean plus regular under bonnet checks and tyre inspection and pressures you can't do much else.

Jus drive and enjoy it!

Liam

Hi, I use them in my seicento sporting along with the magnecour leads and found the car to start better, especially on cold mornings, and helped a little with getting up hills, noticed this as once i get to the end of my road i have to go up a fairly steep hill.

OZ

Back