MS-bonnet.jpg

Seicento Seicento Schumacher Owners?

Introduction

Hi all :D,

Just wondering how many Michael Schumacher Seicento owners we have on here? I know there were 5000 built and I'm assuming most are in mainland Europe, but as I never see any on the roads I wondered how many are in this country?
Just post a picture (try and keep to a max of 2) and say which number you have. (y)
So to start things off, here is mine. Number 0702.
MS-34.jpg
MS-bonnet.jpg
Quick question, were the schumies meant to have ABS only mine doesn't seem to have it? I see a space in fuse position 3, and nothing for the fuse to connect to..... Only thought about it after I skidded in the snow, finally got around to checking the fuses lol....

Quick question, were the schumies meant to have ABS only mine doesn't seem to have it? I see a space in fuse position 3, and nothing for the fuse to connect to..... Only thought about it after I skidded in the snow, finally got around to checking the fuses lol....

All Shumachers had ABS. Some one may have done a bodge on yours because of a fault? The main ABS fuse is behind the battery.

Seeing as you are local I could have a look at it for you? I have 2 Shueys, one of them I removed the ABS system as it was not too good.
If the job of removing it has not been done correctly, you could have problems, mainly MOT time.

Last edited:
Can do mate, by all means. Spare time is rare for me these days but could possibly do a few hours at the weekend? PM me and we can discuss further, although i also work in town right next to Lady Bay bridge between the forest ground and Meadow Lane ground.... if that helps.

Cheers

Right then, can i just check with you all... Do your log books all say Seicento Michael Schumacher? As mine does not, and after the chat i had with CC1 today it would seem as though mine may not be a Schumy after all, but i wanna do some further digging around before i go back to the garage and have a word!

Slightly annoyed, to say the least, but it does have the correct space saver in the boot (the one with the spacer welded to the rim for clearance) and it looks the part, but you can never be too careful. I guess emailing or speakig to Fiat could clear this up too!

You need to check the plates and cross reference the codes.
At D.2 on the log book, it should say:
Model/Type. Seicento Schumacher.
Variant: AXC1A.
Version: 02C.
What does your's say?

I think It's one car made from two.
This is my conclusion:
The last owner of your car was a Polish woman who owned it for one month. A little strange?
The Original Schumacher could have been a Polish version involved in an accident, so another donor was bought (probably accident damaged) and most parts were transfered to the donor car to increase its value? This was then used in a px to dispose of the car?

You need to check the plates and cross reference the codes.
At D.2 on the log book, it should say:
Model/Type. Seicento Schumacher.
Variant: AXC1A.
Version: 02C.
What does your's say?

I think It's one car made from two.
This is my conclusion:
The last owner of your car was a Polish woman who owned it for one month. A little strange?
The Original Schumacher could have been a Polish version involved in an accident, so another donor was bought (probably accident damaged) and most parts were transfered to the donor car to increase its value? This was then used in a px to dispose of the car?

I have a shed load of history from new for it and most of its life it's been in notts.... But I checked and all the docs match up with the vin, and they say the same version and variant too as yours.....

Right then, can i just check with you all... Do your log books all say Seicento Michael Schumacher? As mine does not, and after the chat i had with CC1 today it would seem as though mine may not be a Schumy after all, but i wanna do some further digging around before i go back to the garage and have a word!

Slightly annoyed, to say the least, but it does have the correct space saver in the boot (the one with the spacer welded to the rim for clearance) and it looks the part, but you can never be too careful. I guess emailing or speakig to Fiat could clear this up too!

Mine say's Shumacher on the log book, just checked!. As said it may be a mistake by the DVLA on yours (hopefully) or somebody has been creative and added the bits from another car!!....think I saw yours advertised recently Ad looked dubious to me....hope it turns out to be all genuine buddy.

P.s been looking at selling mine as I don't need it anymore which is a shame as I really like the little thing!. Whilst looking at what sort of money that they go for etc I've found that about 90% of Sportings or Abarths are advertised as Shumachers! most due to most websites like autotrader etc only listing that option but others are blatantly NOT Shumachers and the seller still insists or states that it is in the listing itself! like this DOG of a car!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../page/1/postcode/ta28qh/radius/1500?logcode=p

Looks like they have now revised the listing as previously it stated, Ice cold air con and all sorts of BS about it being a ltd edition schmacher etc

Last edited:
Mine say's Shumacher on the log book, just checked!. As said it may be a mistake by the DVLA on yours (hopefully) or somebody has been creative and added the bits from another car!!....think I saw yours advertised recently Ad looked dubious to me....hope it turns out to be all genuine buddy.

Emailed FIAT and sending them a copy of the V5 today so hopefully get it confirmed either way now, then i can sell it as the sis in law has offered me her old civic and i think i'd prefer that, this is too small for me and seems to be a target for rubbish drivers in Nottingham to aim at, you have to have your wits about you 24/7 in this thing!

I just need a soft family wagon to roll about in........Shame really!

Yea I get that, seams that EVERYBODY just has to get past you! Amount of mercenary manovers that people do just to get past, been cut up more times than I care to remember joys of owning a small car!.......I'm on edge everytime I drive it so tend to drive defensively now!.

Mind you get the same in my m3 where idiots in hot hatches ir anything reallt want to race! but I just don't bite which seams to pee them off, driving on the roads would be great if it wasn't for other people.

Last edited:
I have feedback from Fiat, and they say it is definitely a Schumacher, awesome, very helpful too. They even provided PDF scanned in copies of the brochure too! And the print out showing the options from factory, which explains the lack of a sunroof and pop out rear windows! It was exported from the Republic of Irleand.....

Anyway, i feel a bit better about it now, but still going to sell it..... lol, i just can't get on with it, too small and pokey!

I have feedback from Fiat, and they say it is definitely a Schumacher, awesome, very helpful too. They even provided PDF scanned in copies of the brochure too! And the print out showing the options from factory, which explains the lack of a sunroof and pop out rear windows! It was exported from the Republic of Irleand.....

Anyway, i feel a bit better about it now, but still going to sell it..... lol, i just can't get on with it, too small and pokey!

That's great new buddy (y), What are the factory options out of interest??

Still thinking of selling mine too.....not because I don't like it, I really like it if i'm honest! but because the sun's out today (even taken my M3 out for a quick drive today :)) and I REALLY fancy another motorbike! just been in a local dealers having a dribble so selling the fiat will help to fund one!.

Good luck with the sale if that's the way you choose to go, would be interested to find out what sort of money you get for it as not sure what to advertise mine at.

Mines only done 48k, and is pretty clean and tidy looks really bright and clean inside and out, only thing that lets it down is that the service history only goes up to 2008 and 22k + the odd parking scrapes (not noticable untill you get really close up to the car).......If it had a full history and was perfect body wise then i'd say anything upto £1500, but might put it up for around £1000 would be a good itte buy for somebody.....hint hint

Last edited:

The version you have, IMO, is probably the best of them due to the lack of the rubbish ABS and leaky sunroof.
It would actually be a good project car for a conversion. Shame I have two already and no space.:cry:

Last edited:
The version you have, IMO, is probably the best of them due to the lack of the rubbish ABS and leaky sunroof.
It would actually be a good project car for a conversion. Shame I have two already and no space.:cry:

Well if you change your mind....... :)

That's great new buddy (y), What are the factory options out of interest??

No idea what to sell it at, but i will probably post it here in the classifieds, and i will update my thread to stop hijacking this one as i realise i may have gone a bit doolally here....

Back