Styling Seicento "S" springs

Currently reading:
Styling Seicento "S" springs

SeicentoS

Established member
Hi, I have a 2001 Seicento S, all the searches I've done come up with sei sporting springs. My car has the 13" steelies on, I was wondering what lowering springs I could buy for it? any help appreciated.

iv got a spare set of apex 30mm springs for a cinq sporting so should lower a non sporting by 50mm??
they did look pretty low on my cinq before i took them off
pm me if interested

sorry to bring this up again, but my m8 has told me that if I lower it without getting new shocks, the handling will be the same as before I lowered it, is this true? =/

SeicentoS said:
sorry to bring this up again, but my m8 has told me that if I lower it without getting new shocks, the handling will be the same as before I lowered it, is this true? =/

not really....

lower springs are usually firmer, which in turn will firm up the ride, making it a bit harder, so you might feel the bumps in the road more, however, due to them bein firmer, u will lose a certain degree of body roll as the springs wont compress as much.

of course standard shocks are designed to be used with standard springs, so u will shorten their life when running lowering springs on them.

should handle fine, and doesnt really affect dampers too badly, much less body roll.

project-cinqy said:
yes it does. totally Identical mountings, it just bends round the airbox, which is totally out of the way on an 899.
sporting one is adjustable so easier to fit iirc.

cheers
Jon+Em

Can someone confirm this is true, I've wanted a strut brace for ages coz the front end on my sei flex's terribly ('99 899) but I've never bought one because they are never listed for non-sportings and after look at my engine i thought the reason was because, even tho the airbox is right outta the way, the carb sits so high in the engine by that it couldn't be done...also there is a lower strut brace on that site as well...will they fit on a non sporting?

Sorry, i'm on roll here.:idea: While we're on the subject of front suspension will a sporting ARB fit the 899 and what is its effect because i've heard that even though it prevent roll it encourages understeer.

Back