Seicento rear speaker wiring advice, please

Currently reading:
Seicento rear speaker wiring advice, please

Hi folks :D ,

Speaker wiring advice for 2001 Seicento please.

I have fitted 2 mid/bass and 2 tweeters on the rear shelf, but I used a 'jump off' feed from the front speakers to power them.
The Sony HU on late model Seicentos has a 4x50 watt amp, so are there another pair of dedicated rear speaker outputs on the back that Fiat didn't use? (I know I could take it out and look for myself before anyone says, but to save me having to do it, I wondered if anyone else had wired their rear speakers differently?).

How I have it works fine, but obviously the fader doesn't do anything as all the speakers are fed from just 2 channels and I'd prefer to utilise the 4 channels as they were meant to run, plus I'm only using half of the amp's power, which is obviously not ideal.

Cheers for any info (y)

Cheers custard (y) , I'll have a look over the weekend. I've since learned that the very last Seis did have rear speakers, so you're right, there should be provisions for them. Yeah, the 4x50 will be a 'look good' figure, the actual RMS output will probably be a quarter of that!

my sei had the sony stereo but didnt have the wiring in place for rear speakers. however yours been a MS it might be there.

if not, get an ISO extension and use that to snip into, saves snipping the factory wiring!

Back