Technical Seicento rear scrapping

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento rear scrapping

insider

I don't know if anyone can help or can give me any information on my Seicento that runs just fine unless you running with no more than three people, but when there's four {I wouldn't dare five}!!! its gets a scrapping sound from the rear with any small bump or turning corners and roundabouts.

You really have to tip toe if there's any weight in the cento I've replaced most things I don't know if this is a Seicento thing being a small car or should I be looking at replacing some parts I've fitted rear bushes and new shocks to no effect any input would be great :confused:

only got 175 50 14 and not been lowered cento still on the original springs !

Are the wheels meant for a cinq or aftermarket? could well be the rear shox are dead like mine and i got rubbing with any weight in the rear but was fine with me and a passenger in the front!!!!

got new monroe shocks,the wheels are aftermarket but same as original et spec, allways put more air in the tyres but still got rubbing when there's weight ?

On a Seicento, The 14" factory fitted wheel size is 5.5x14 with an offset of 36 with no spacer on the rears and 15mm on the front. Tyres are 175/50/14.
Check what offset you have on your rims.

Last edited:
I think I will go for new springs because I can't think of anything else !

the et 33 the same as the steel wheels that were on before it feels like its bottoming out and not a wheel arch problem ?

Back