Technical Seicento original tyre size

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento original tyre size

free

Hello, I just got a '99 seicento suite and want to change my tires. It is currently wearing 155/70/13 but I was wondering what the original factory size for the car was.Can anyone help? Thanks!

from what i can recall cinqs ran on 155/55/13 and sportings on 165/55/13 which also applies on sei,are they standard steelies on there or the alloys?

Si

So, since my seicento is the 1.1 version it should have 165/55x13, correct??
My rims are steel.

as long as my new wheels get collected today my sei sporting alloys will be up for sale 60 quid delivered, 3 good tyres but the other needs changing, their in the classifieds somewhere alloys in good condition, slightly kerbed but look much better than steelies and hold better on the road IMO. smoky

Hello, I just got a '99 seicento suite and want to change my tires. It is currently wearing 155/70/13 but I was wondering what the original factory size for the car was.Can anyone help? Thanks!

So, since my seicento is the 1.1 version it should have 165/55x13, correct??
My rims are steel.

The Sei manual I've just checked has both 155/65R13 and 155/70R13.
Sizes may vary in different markets.

im sure mine are 165 x 65 r13's

Just out of interest, would 145 70 r13 fit seicento sporting alloys ok or are they too narrow?

Just out of interest, would 145 70 r13 fit seicento sporting alloys ok or are they too narrow?

I think they're plain too narrow. You can save money safely in some areas of car ownership, but tyres are not one of them.

I think the tyre which most suits the non-turbo 1108 and 1242 Centos is 195/45/14, but for that you need 6J 14" wheels.

Only reason I ask is that my 13" are spare as I have 14" on and was looking for skinny tyres for the snow, should dig in a bit better if they're slimmer. Not for normal road use, I just think the 145 may not fit well enough, subsequently found 155 to use so I may go with that...

As rallycinq said, the most important is the compound, not the width of the tyre. When the tyre digs through the snow, it still has to grip what's beneath it. On my last car I had 245/45 R19 winter tyres fitted, and they worked perfectly. I would suggest buying decent quality winter tyres, as in my experience you get what you pay for, and if you look after them, they'll last for several winters no problem. I originally bought a cheap set of tyres, that lasted literally 3 months, and were scary to drive in the snow. I then bought a set of Continentals, and they lasted for 4 winters, driving across Europe several times, and they were also fine for motorway driving. Try the Camskill website.

Compound & construction are important, but size still matters ( ;) ).
A wide tyre on a car as light as a Cinq or Sei still isn't ideal in the winter.
I suspect the car you had the 245/45R19 on weighed several times as much!

Yes of course, it weighed over 1800kg. It's just that the point is that in general, just because a tyre is narrower, doesn't mean that it will perform better. Before, I had a set of 16" steel wheels with cheap 195 tyres fitted, and it was useless. I've found on several cars that I've driven with cheap winter tyres fitted, that a poor quality compound is as much use a a normal summer tyre in the snow and ice. Of course, buy the correct size tyre for the car, but, don't automatically assume that all winter tyres are the same. I'm looking for a set for mine, as I will be in Europe over winter, and they will need to be fitted. Camskill are selling Goodyear 155/70 R13 for £45 each.

Last edited:
Let's keep this in some kind of perspective.

The Winter Tyres thing is a fairly recent fashion trend in most of the UK. I'd not heard about them (snow tyres for the Turini in winter apart) much until the Poles and Czechs started to ramble on and on...........

Of course, the temperature thing is important. In sunny Liverpool, however, I've been quite happily running "summer" tyres (I like Rainsports, BWTH) throughout the Winter.

Ice apart, I've never found that my bikes needed winter tyres, either (and do Winter tyres work on ice?)

My guess is that unless you live on a hill, north of Glasgow or in the East (Norfolk, Lincolnshire, etc.) you'll do quite well without.

Back