Technical seicento not starting

Currently reading:
Technical seicento not starting

mtblegend

hi
I own a 53 plate seicento active sport which i bought a couple of months ago
it has been running fine since i bought it with not a single problem, anyway today after driving for a while i had to stop. I was stopped for about 20min and when i went to start it again it wouldnt start.
All the dash lights came on and the electric windows worked. I bump started it and it ran fine. I drove it for about 2 hours with a couple of stops and it seemed to be running fine. Anyway i went to start the car tonight and the same happened. All lights and dash lights worked but no start until i bump started it.
Anyone have a clue whats going on
Many thanks
Mtblegend

think its the battery so gonna get a punto battery from my grandad see what happens then
mtblegend

the punto 1.1 battery is 002l which is the same as the seicento. My grandad is a mechanic and he thinks its the battery

Hi PD

Lots of the replacement batterys are smaller then the OEM fitted from new batterys, so it may not be memory at fault. They replace on amp hours, ...

I allus start the car before putting on the lights, ...

There might be some benifit at -20C in running main beam for 10 seconds waiting a minute and trying to start but that will only help when the battery is in good state, and being warmer might help before it need to deliver 200 amps, but -20 is risky without a mains heater

Noel

Back