General seicento ignition key

Currently reading:
General seicento ignition key

i've just bought a seicento abarth but it only has one key.
i always like to have two keys so i went to see if Timpsons could cut a new key for me which hasn't gone to plan as they told me i need to go to fiat.

fiat are wanting £113 for another.
before i have to pay this extortionate price is there anywhere i can get one cheaper?

i've just bought a seicento abarth but it only has one key.
i always like to have two keys so i went to see if Timpsons could cut a new key for me which hasn't gone to plan as they told me i need to go to fiat.

Try another branch of Timpsons or just go back to the same shop when someone that knows what they are talking about is working!

The old Code1 keys are easily cloned for about £30.

(this assumes that the Abarth doesn't have the later Code2 keys)

i remember when i had my first fiat coupe that was fine getting the key copied so thought this would be the same.

for me £113 seams a high price to pay when the car itself only cost £379 & is only meant to be a winter run-about.

might leave it but i am always loosing my keys.

i remember when i had my first fiat coupe that was fine getting the key copied so thought this would be the same.

for me £113 seams a high price to pay when the car itself only cost £379 & is only meant to be a winter run-about.

might leave it but i am always loosing my keys.

If this is a SPI cento, you could get a chip for the ecu which removed the immob, then you can just cut a normal key.

OR

Tape the current key or just the bit where the chip is in the key. Then just cut normal keps for the car.

Both option would make the immob useless.

As you say, I don't think car theft would target a cento nowadays.

Ming

Back