General Seicento Headlight Mistake

Currently reading:
General Seicento Headlight Mistake

jaspernina

What a plonker, i was fitting a new head light bulb, when pushing the rubber cover back on i seemed to have pushed the inside of the headlight forward, now it is all loose on the inside of the glass, is there anything i can do about this, or do i need to buy a need head-lamp? :bang:

Thanks

Stephen

Last edited:
they are very easily broken.

check inside the glass to see if you can see any small white bits of plastic, if so it is damaged and may need a new one,

if not its likely to be able to clip it back on, just align it correctly and pull it back on.

yeh if you see plastic bits the light is f***** :(
there is a crappy ball joint type thing which is VERY weak.
my cinq came with one broken and i managed to break the other myself.

The way to fix it if the headlight was in the right position before it broke is this.

Remove the light from the car (one 8mm nut).
On the back of the light is a black plastic hex shaped part that adjusts how high or low the beam is. DO NOT turn this. down the lengh of this is (iirc) a white plastic part, that you can turn and will raise or lower the beam a set amount (to lower the beam if you have a fat b*****d in the back and you lights are pointing into space)

now a bit more down the length of this it goes back to black. If you twist this quarter of a turn. the whole part above will pull out.

If you now look into the hole left you will see the remains of the ball joint cup. it may be slightly hanging out the tube it sits in, so use a small screwdriver to lift it back up while putting pressure on the inside of the light (thru the bulb hole)

now put some super glue on the ball and put it back into the light while keeping pressure in side so you glue can get a hold.

Once done the light should be as good as new. and theres enough flex that you can still use the feature to raise or lower the beam (if you tow boats or carry porkers ;-))

Any chance we can get this stickied or for someone to do it as part of an FAQ?

Gonna give mine a go tomorrow, so will try and take pictures where possible...

Back