Technical Seicento Head Gasket

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento Head Gasket

Kayleigh

Hi there!

I just bought a GORGEOUS Seicento Sporting 2001 and have been checking out this awesome website.
Great site guys... but now I'm worried...

The car came with a full service history, it's done 59,000 miles and it has NEVER had a Head Gasket change!

Is there a specific interval between changes?
Should I just get it changed straight away just in case?
Some people say, "If it aint broke don't fix it!"...
She doesn't overheat/steam/leak and I cant see any "mayonaise" or oil in the water...

I'm not a mechanic and wouldn't DARE to tamper with it...

What should I do? :confused:

I agree with fingers 50/50 anti freeze mix and you should have years of trouble motorin providin you dont rag the ass off it all the time lol

I agree with fingers 50/50 anti freeze mix and you should have years of trouble motorin providin you dont rag the ass off it all the time lol

you also need to service the car at its intervals for happy years of motoring not just do a 50/50 anti freeze mix ;)

Wow!

Now THAT was fast advice guys!
Thanks EVERSOMUCH for clearing that up for me!
It's a shame it doesn't have a temperature guage though isn't it! Will it flash up a warning light before the head gasket goes? Or by then will it be too late?

There is a warning light (sometimes called an "oops, too late!" light), but it should be pretty easy to fit an aftermarket temperature guage. There's a big thing by Kritip on it somewhere. Best place to put the sender is in the thermostat housing (there's a photo somewhere of one done by Asteris): if you don't have access to the tools, a friendly machine shop will do the drilling and tapping for you.

If the temp light, persih the thought, ever does flash up, do not assume the HG has gone, there could be a number of other possibilities why it flashed before a failed HG

you could get a local garage to fit an after market temp guage shouldnt cost ya too much but maybe a mobile auto electrician would be a better idea lol hope you have some good years with ya sei

As the others have already said, its the Full Service History that makes the difference. Most cars in this price range are run until they break, then fixed cheaply. The benefits of the FSH cannot be understated.

Juts keep up the servicing, make sure everything is done according to the manufacturers recommendation, and ..........................................relax.

Cheers

D

Back