Technical Seicento engine swap

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento engine swap

JCento

So I have a '52 plate Seicento Sporting. At the moment it has the 1108cc MPI engine and I'd like to give it a bit more power. I've read other threads and I think im right in saying i need a punto 75 engine (1249cc). I would also like the six speed gearbox but i dont know how to get hold of one :confused:

So I was wondering if you could tell me where do find the right gearbox and whether i could fit a 16v in without too much trouble? if not i'll stick with the 8v.

And any general help would be appreciated as i'm a bit of a noob :)

J

So I have a '52 plate Seicento Sporting. At the moment it has the 1108cc MPI engine and I'd like to give it a bit more power. I've read other threads and I think im right in saying i need a punto 75 engine (1249cc). I would also like the six speed gearbox but i dont know how to get hold of one :confused:

So I was wondering if you could tell me where do find the right gearbox and whether i could fit a 16v in without too much trouble? if not i'll stick with the 8v.

And any general help would be appreciated as i'm a bit of a noob :)

J

hi i have been looking into the same thing with the mpi engine and it would be easier to fit a bravo 16v engine than the p75 engine as there have been people who have done this and run it on the standard ecu.
i think some bravos and punto sporting's have 6 speed gearbox. there are lots of people on here with information but if you try searching for some of the info you are after first then if you can't find it then ask and they won't give you as much stick for not trying lol.

good luck

paul

Hey thanks.

I did have a look around but as i have the mpi i wasnt sure which engine :/ will any bravo engine do? It was only the p75 for my sei i think.

Thanks

J

Hey thanks.

I did have a look around but as i have the mpi i wasnt sure which engine :/ will any bravo engine do? It was only the p75 for my sei i think.

Thanks

J

hi j have a look at my post here, have a good read through it and check out the links as there is loads of information there.
https://www.fiatforum.com/cinquecento-seicento/275322-p75-into-mpi-seicento-cam-sensor-question.html

have fun lol, i have read that there is a 1242 16v engine fitted to a mpi sei and it runs well on the standard mpi ecu ?

paul

Hi guys, sorry it appearing here, but do not know how to publish post

I should be a help, I cinquecento 700 cc and I would like to insert uno 1.5 75 hp ..
I am interested in whether this is possible? and provide appropriate engine mounts?
Sorry for my bad english

I should be a help, I cinquecento 700 cc and I would like to insert uno 1.5 75 hp ..
I am interested in whether this is possible? and provide appropriate engine mounts?
Sorry for my bad english

Anything is possible. Is it worthwhile putting that engine in? Absolutely not. Will it be easy? Absolutely not.

Forget it. Fit a 1.2 or 1.4 SuperFIRE engine, not some tired old relic from the stone age.

Hey thanks.

Thanks

J

One day a miracle will happen and people will read the FAQs.

Until then, the only Bravo engine which will be anything like a straightforward fit is the 1.2 16v.

The P75 is an early 8v engine designed to run without cam sensor or knock sensor (both of which your ECU will have a hissy fit about).

The easiest swap for an MPI 1108 is a Punto Mk2 1.2 8v.

Sorry for my bad english

I converted a 700 twin cylinder Cinq.

Fitted a 1.1 engine, But replaced fuel tank with pump, Fuel lines with carbon canister, Complete wiring loom, ECU, dash etc. There is so much to change. I just bought a very cheap car as a donor.
Big job to do.

Just buy an 900/1100 to start with before doing any engine conversion.

Last edited:
Back