Styling Seicento dash part removal

Currently reading:
Styling Seicento dash part removal

I'm thinking about spraying the three heater control knobs and the 2 electric window switch surrounds in a silver/titanium colour. How do the three heater knobs come off and how are the window switches removed please?
Cheers for any help (y)

The middle one you just can pull. On the hole you will see a screw. There is also 2 other bolts you see from outside you can undo with an allen key. IIRC the dash bit is clipped on the top, so very carefully with a flat screwdriver you can disengage the panel from the bottom. The buttons row is easy enough to unplug and unbolt.

Never tried to remove the other two knobs though.

Okay, but do I actually have to remove the whole panel just to remove the 3 knobs - it's just the knobs I'm spraying, the heater panel is already a silver colour as standard.

Yes, IIRC the other two knobs are not pressure fixed as the center knob is, so you need to remove the dash bit to be able to extract them. But I might be wrong tho.

Wait a minute, will go down to my car to check.

Tried to pull gently the other two knobs and they do not come out, so you probably need to remove the dash thing in order to be able to take them out somehow.

I'm thinking about spraying the three heater control knobs and the 2 electric window switch surrounds in a silver/titanium colour. How do the three heater knobs come off and how are the window switches removed please?
Cheers for any help (y)

ive done that
:)

DCFC0004.jpg

didnt paint the knobs themselves though...

Last edited:
also consider longevity and wear on the parts that are handled.
maybe just spray the 'face' part of the knobs and not where the fingers contact the most

Yeah, good point, I might just do that. Mind you, thinking about it, I sprayed the 3 heater knobs on my XR2 years ago with some of that Plastikote spray enamel and that hasn't worn off so far - it get about 6 coats though.

ive done all mine 2 lol i will write a guide for you when i get in from work mate on how to take all the bits out.

Attachments

• P1010099.JPG
    P1010099.JPG
    863.7 KB · Views: 32
  • P1010097.JPG
    P1010097.JPG
    862.3 KB · Views: 30
  • P1010098.JPG
    P1010098.JPG
    888.1 KB · Views: 35
  • P1010108.JPG
    P1010108.JPG
    877.1 KB · Views: 43
Love that (y) !

So, how did the electric window switches come out, and now I've seen your air vent I might do that as well, so how does that come out (is it just a prize out proceedure like the two side vents?)

lol cheers :) well the centre vent was simple enough, it just lifted straigt out really easily... my side vents seem to want to stay put...
the electric window buttons are on clips, you can feel them from underneath, (there is a gap in the dash underneath) i think there is also a plug, but u can unplug that first and then and poke them out.... also the actual switch comes out of the D-shaped surround, but i couldnt work this out... so i masked the switch faces (not very successful) so best work out the disemmbly ;)

hope that helps

If you are lazy the window switches in silver pop up on ebay from time to time as well as the vents

Thanks a lot guys (y)!
It all sounds pretty easy, so I'll have a go at it over the weekend.

Sei_rory, you've done a really good job of yours, judging by the pics, looks good!

Last edited:
Yes, it does look good indeed :) I love dr_hilmann's whites in there, they look very smart.

I was thinking of using the (unused) aircon button as a Power button, do you think it's feasible mate?

Do you mean like an 'engine start' button? If so, then I think it would be great, I've considered doing that as well as it's a great place for it (y) .

Just going back to the start of this thread, I took the electric window switches out about an hour ago and they do just push out from behind. The actual switch can be removed from the the 'D' surround with a very thin flat screwdriver to ease it out from the plastic lip around the base. Just got to prep and spray them now (well, not exactly now 'cos it's dark :( )

yeah make sure that you dismantle all the switches etc then you dont have to mask bits off etc . i have done that to mine and you get a good painted edge all the way around. i did that for the all the parts. ive started wrtiting a little guide on how to remove parts. il upload it a bit later

Back