Technical Seicento coolant temp warning light

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento coolant temp warning light

Catikk

I've got a 1999 Seicento Sporting which I've had since December, no problems with it but about 6 months ago the coolant temperature warning light (right hand side of dash, red light looks like a thermometer) started flickering on and off. It then stopped for a while but has been flickering again for the past few months. It does it from cold so I find it very hard to believe that the car is overheating, so I think it must be a sensor problem, as the light never stays on, it just flickers. It also comes on more then I'm accelerating and goes off when I lift off the accelerator. It is rather irritating! The car runs completly fine and the fan comes on regularly when its warm. Anyone seen this before or have any advice as to what I can do to sort this without a visit to a Fiat dealer!!

I have just had the same problem for the last two weeks, but before playing with the bloody car... can you let us know where abouts the coolant sensor is? Although i have a 2001 sei sporting does it really make any difference?

Back