Technical Seicento clutch cable

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento clutch cable

Banksy11

Hi all i just brought a seicento sporting a few days ago and i think its great but there seems to be one problem. when i first drive the car the gears shift nicely but as it warms 1st and second become difficult to engage and require some force

any ideas people maybe clutch cable adjustment

Adjust the clutch, the sei came with an adjuster nut at front. Tighten the nut to free the clutch pedal. If the problem presist then is new clutch time! IS the clutch heavy generally?

Also check the oil level and quality in the box using the filler hole at the front of the box! It should be dripping out when you take it plug out.

Ming

The clutch is really light it just get hard to select gears when it warms up strangely, ill try adjusting the clutch now to see what happens

The box is specified to use full synthetic, the full synthetic stays sensibly the same viscosity even when the box warms up, over the service interval of 70k miles.

It is easy to beat the synchro on 2nd gear if you are unsympathetic, the box is so light to use, you need to reduce the force you are using.

First gear should not be a problem, it is so low you should only be selecting it from stationary, unless you live in really hilly locality.

But if Mings clutch adjustments dont work it is it is visit Halfords cough up 40 £ or so! Dont trouble to use anything less than full synthetic.

The clutch release bearings are terrible, don't ride the clutch ever. It is easy to replace the clutch, if you like car maintenance.

Noel

A little tweak on the clutch cable has done wonders, took the car for a drive and its now shifting fine

CHEERS FOLKS

it was just a little clutch drag. when its cold the oil is thicker and slows the cogs just enough for you to change gear,
as the oil warms it doesnt hold the gears back as much hence the crunching.

make sure you still have some free play. otherwise it will kill the bearing

Back