General Seicento clutch cable

Currently reading:
General Seicento clutch cable

Asim

Hi people,

Only just became a member....

I was stationary, put my Seicento sporting into gear and something snapped!!! I should add, that i had to ram the gear stick into 1st...

My clutch is all the way down, wouldnt come back up!!!

Had a look at it, the clutch cable seems to be fine.... but on the passenger side, underneath the dash (excuse my French, which was a b***ard to undo!!!), there is a black bit of plastic where the clutch pedal and the clutch cable meet.... The black plastic bit is broken from the clutch pedal side....

What i would like to know is, what is that piece of plastic called?

Does that bit of plastic come with a new clutch cable kit?

And also if Fiat supply just the plastic bit?

I await to hear from ya'll....

Thank You...

Last edited:
It's called a clutch cable quadrant. FIAT sell it seperately. The likelyhood is that your clutch is due for replacement -- they rarely just snap (nor do clutch cables).

Thank you very much for your aid.... Another quick question, instead of a standard clutch, is there any company that supplies a performance clutch for the sporting Sei? Coz my foot does tend to slip on the throttle pedal!!!

no performance clutch its only 54bhp and a 1108 lol

if yours is seriously modified there is possibly something out there, but it would be wasted on a standard vehicle because lets be honest they are slow hence why you are always probably on the throttle

Last edited:
Yes, I agree with AppleSei. Even Cinqs with 1242 engines (and pretty hot 1242 enginees at that) survive well.

The trick to keeping them alive is not to sit in traffic riding the clutch -- always put it into neutral. The thrust bearing is a bit fragile and tends to wear through the splines on the clutch pressure plate or cook itself and die horribly.

Hmmm, i guess i will stick to a standard clutch.....

How much am i looking at for a clutch...?

And also how much labour should i be charged, so i know that im not getting ripped off!!

After all i am a student!!!!

Or maybe less. Backstreet clutch jockeys, who do nothing else all day, are usually much cheaper than high street places or garages (who tend to turn it into an pantomime). Round these mean streets about £100 plus parts, cash in hand.

Your local motor factor may know of one.............

Last edited:
Back