General Seicento 2nd Gear Crunch

Currently reading:
General Seicento 2nd Gear Crunch

jimbob4212

I have had a problem with my sei's gearbox since i got it. 2nd gear crunches when coming from 1st however is fine when changing down gear. To resolve this i stick it from 1st to neutral then into 2nd which is getting anoying so I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so how I could resolve it. Thanks.

My cinq sporting does the same at a genuine 40k miles.

Your 2nd gear syncro is shot. If I rush 1st - 2nd I get the graunch.

S/H box, open yours to fix. Or as I'm doing, live with it.. :rolleyes:

Jimbob,

Just luck of the draw. maybe the prev one owner on mine was crap driving! i just had a new clutch (at 34k)...

ho hum

I have had it too for as long as I can remember. I'm very gentle with mine and it don't really notice any problems. I have been double-declutching* for a very long time though, which IIRC makes it a lot better. It can be a bit more difficult in the winter when it's cold though. If it doesn't want to go into a gear, don't force it. Release the clutch and start again (pretty much the same as double de-clutching). Forcing or 'rushing' gears is asking for trouble, and may also make nasty noises.

*clutch pedal in, out of gear, clutch pedal out, match revs, clutch pedal in, into gear, clutch pedal out.

i have the same problem with my sei started at 40000 miles aswell got 'new' (re-conditioned) gearbox but didtnt help so im living with it but il take that advice on board ungly duckling and I suggest not spendin heaps of money on it 2 try and fix it jimbob as it seems 2 be a common problem with no real solution...therfore living with it being the best option IMO anyway lol

Back