Technical Seicento 1108 engine

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento 1108 engine

sarchris

Will a cinquecento 1108 engine fit a seicento. :worship:
regards
Sarah

The 1108 SPi (Single Point injection) engines are identical in both cars, tho later MPi (multi Point Injection) fitted Seis are different.

My be better to state the reason why you need to change the engine and post in the technical section of the Cinqs/Seis.

Oh and welcome.

Aaron.

sarchris said:
Will a cinquecento 1108 engine fit a seicento. :worship:
regards
Sarah
Aaron
Many thanks
I have bought a 1999 Siecento at auction in good faith only to find the head gasket gone and the big ends knocking. I Think?
thanks
Sarah

sarchris said:
Aaron
Many thanks
I have bought a 1999 Siecento at auction in good faith only to find the head gasket gone and the big ends knocking. I Think?
thanks
Sarah

Erk!

HG going isnt that big a problem, but the big ends going is....can you describe the sound? is it like a definte thud whilst the engine turns over?

arseofbox said:
Erk!

HG going isnt that big a problem, but the big ends going is....can you describe the sound? is it like a definte thud whilst the engine turns over?
No its more of a rattle sounds like a diesel and the oil light comes on.
Thanks
Sarah:confused:

sarchris said:
No its more of a rattle sounds like a diesel and the oil light comes on.
Thanks
Sarah:confused:

Sounds like its oil pump has failed, hence oil light on showing no pressure and therefore big ends have gone.

If you are going to change the engine you may as well do the 1242 as other have suggested as its no more difficult to fit than a 1108 with eth only modification being the exhaust spacer, it really does transform the car.

Aaron.

J333EVO said:
Sounds like its oil pump has failed, hence oil light on showing no pressure and therefore big ends have gone.

If you are going to change the engine you may as well do the 1242 as other have suggested as its no more difficult to fit than a 1108 with eth only modification being the exhaust spacer, it really does transform the car.

Aaron.
Thankyou.
i might just do the 1242 then so it doesnt matter if the engine is out of cinq. luckily i have located a garage close by who has some engines in stock.

The 1242 engine is out of a Punto 60. Its basicly the same engine but its a 1242cc rather than the 1108cc. only difference if that its 10mm or so taller so needs a spacer between the downpipe and manifold for the exhaust to fit properly. also you need to swap the punto crank sensor for the cento one and the oil presure sensor for the cento one (with 90 degree bend). the rest is straight swap.

thanks. so do the ancilleries from 1108 fit the 1242 or do i need to buy an engine complete as most of the breakers sell stripped engines?

LanciaMad said:
Either will fit.
just checked out the punto nice! but i think the lancia sounds like a good plan im a cossie girl myself!

Bushboy said:
better off using a cinqi one as you will have to swap a few of the bits from the punto one as the linkages are wrong. not a hard or long job but might as well just use the cinq box.

also there is the clutch, cento cable vs hydraulic punto.

Back