Technical Sei Sporting wheels

Currently reading:
Technical Sei Sporting wheels

paul_treg

Hi,
Got some sei sporting wheels to fit on my 899cc cinq, do I need spacers, as the car they came off(99 sei sporting) didn't have any fitted, any idea's guy and girls....?

Thanks
Paul T

Thanks, thats what I wanted to hear, there wasn't any rubbing, just had a few handling probs which I think is a combo of well worn Pirelli's and new Nankangs, power slides from 40bhp........very funny on roundabouts....

Thanks
Paul T

I thought a non - Sporting Cinq had to be lowered when adding wider wheels to prevent the car toppling over around tight corners? :confused:

A standard Cinq on Sporting wheels will not topple over. The handling can be a bit different, but lets face it, unless the car is exceptional, the springs will be tired, the dampers wil be tired, the tyres will be an odd mix, so a slightly high ride height is the least of the worries.

Cheers

D

Hi,
Ride height should be lower, went from 145/70-13 to 165/55-13 tyres, so thats down 15mm yeah....

Thanks
Paul T

Ahh, so height is a percentage of width :eek: , I always thought the side wall height was in mm..learnt something new.

Thanks
Paul T

rallycinq said:
A standard Cinq on Sporting wheels will not topple over. The handling can be a bit different, but lets face it, unless the car is exceptional, the springs will be tired, the dampers wil be tired, the tyres will be an odd mix, so a slightly high ride height is the least of the worries.

Cheers

D

Its apparently a recommendation from Fiat themselves. It was a problem that Mercedes had with the first of the A Class models in 1997. See http://atschool.eduweb.co.uk/ajwebster/tune7.html
True, the handling will be different, cos there's a larger tyre 'footprint'. Anyway, wouldn't it make sense to make sure that your suspension, brakes, etc. are in good condition, cos what's the point in trying to improve the handling by fitting alloys, when it can be done by ensuring that the basic suspension is in good condition to start with?

Hi,
The car is fitted witha sporting ARB which makes it pretty stable, can throw it around quite a bit compared to without the ARB, then I used to think it would topple over.
I am looking for a set of sporting springs and shocks anyway, will a set from a Sei sporting fit.....?

Thanks
Paul T

Back