General SEI seats in a CINQ

Currently reading:
General SEI seats in a CINQ

vandisian

can anyone tell me if the back seats out of a sei are the same size as a cinq. Just saw a mint interior written of sei in breakers, where as my seats are a bit tatty.

Yup, done this in mine (Sei sourced). Doing the seat swap is a great mod - totally worthwhile! Custom fabbed a locking bracket and I needed to make the 'loop' parts stick into the car about another 3/4" so it would catch. for the pivot bracket, where the split in the seats meet, the threaded inserts are already part of the car; you just need to dig out the little plastic cover/plug thingy. Managed to get blue seats to co-ordinate with the paint colour.

I did my door cards too. Got grey ones from a Cinq Sporting and modded them to accept the window winder. Interestingly, the centre material of the card already has the aperture for the winder shaft; only the material covers it. Those with a Sporting, give it a prod - you'll see!

If you are doing the door cards too in a manual winder car, make sure you seal the edge of the material where you cut for the winder to pass thru, otherwise you will get a running tear (I know yours is an SX, V, so this wont apply :p ). You can cauterise it with a medium-hot soldering iron as it heats up (watch the fumes - do it with the door open and make sure it cools before it touched anything) or, for the laydees (or gents on the weekend) use clear nail varnish. DON'T use a lighter or other naked (or clothed) flame - that’s just asking for a write-off.

Look at the state of my stock interior - Ming factor: 9.95

Cost of whole interior: £60

J

Attachments

• 2 - old backs out.JPG
    2 - old backs out.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 3 - new backs out.JPG
    3 - new backs out.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 1 - olds in far.JPG
    1 - olds in far.JPG