General Sei Schumacher Strut Brace ?

Currently reading:
General Sei Schumacher Strut Brace ?

Hi there,

Mostly a lurker but am about to do springs/shox and was wondering about a strut brace - I think I read that the ABS stuff gets in the way. Anyone fitted one to a schuey ?

Also - I read regularly about various suspension upgrade kits - anyone have any experience/warnings ? My mate did his recently, and is keen that I follow him and avoid a 'kit' style upgrade. Any comments or thoughts appreciated...

(and yes, ebay item 'Fiat Seicento sports lowering suspension kit 20N064' I'm looking straight at you....!)

Last edited:
the strut braces i think i saw on ebay not so long back! just make sure its for the seicento mpi (1999 onwards) and it should go straight on

just make sure its for the seicento mpi (1999 onwards) and it should go straight on

October 2000 onwards

As you have said you've noticed a couple of threads regarding the ABS module and strut braces, if in any doubt refer back to those just to be on safe side. A couple of threads also have engine bay pics with the braces fitted :)

MPI strut brace looks like this:

17052007052.jpg

I have no ABS and 100% am not interested in it.....from what I've heard its not all that great.

To ditch the ABS is a lot of effort though...think hubs/bearings, pipings, abs pumps, ecu and a whole host of other bits.

My whole point, as mentioned, is I'm not sure if it does fit, from what I've read. I know the reservoir etc sits a lot higher and further back for a start.

Just thought I'd point it out to the OP, in case he thought that was the green light , that it may not be ;)

Kristian

kritip, removing the ABS is a fairly trivial exercise, just need a new lot of brake fluid (you've got to drain the system so might as well put fresh fluid in), a little bit of aptiude & time.

You could quite literally just unplug the ABS ECU and the job is done. However you'll probablly want to remove the ABS hydraulics from the braking system (I just uses some solid to solid pipe unions) & junk the remaining bits (no use in having them on the car) such as the ABS pump and the wheel sensors. The hubs don't need to be replaced, they are just non-ABS parts with pickup tracks for the ABS sensors to read. The res it's self can be moved easily anyway, iirc you'll need to cap a line but again we're talking simple work. It took a total of about 5 hours between two people to disable the ABS on SN's Sei.

Back