Technical sei mpi power steering question

Currently reading:
Technical sei mpi power steering question

sure i can sus it out with a bit of trial and error and studying the schematics tomorrow, but after removing my ecu, my PAS doesn't work. Anyone (Aaron) know which wires i need to link up and too what? the PAS circuit is untouched, i just have about 2 spare connector wires, but its only the PAS that seems to not work :confused:

No worries if not, i can live without, but its bloody heavy and hard going turning the motors and mechanism :eek: :eek:

Kristian

HI Kristian,

I'll ask Jon (Emma's Dad) later if he can remember exactly, but IIRC there is an ECU +ve wire that goes up behind the battery to the power steering control unit relay box thingy, and a speed wire that also goes via ECU to the unit to adjust the sensitivity. We left the speed wire off as this defaults to the lowest amount of assistance, i.e when at speed, so we no longer get the really light steering at low speeds. This would account fo rthe two wires you refer to I believe.

HTH

Aaron.

PS yes without the assistance the steering is VERY heavy with little to no feedback.

I have been busy tidying other parts up etc. and am now waiting for my dinner, but i think i've been an idiot.

What i though was the code box, which i removed.....is actually the PAS ECU :eek:

I'll plug it back in later, and hopefully it'll "just work"

I always thought the box in the passenger footwell was the code box, but i think that is actually behind the dash near the barrel and cluster.

Finger crossed :D

Kristian

get the electronic fan wired up, get the rev counter working, tidy up some more wires. Block the idle actuator as I'm not using it, but when its unplugged, it bleeds loads of air passed the butterfly, so i have idle at 1600rpm :p then tune tune tune (y)

Reckon i'll be taking it for a drive later on :eek:

yeah, i'm using one just so everything can meet up in the one place, rather than having to put this here, that there etc. everything can just go straight there and then out.

Need to wait until after christmas to get my MPi head skimmed and valves polished and re-lapped now though :( then i can get the turbo engine complete.

Sorry for thread-jacking lol

Lenny

Back