General Sei making LOUD whirring/cracking noise

Currently reading:
General Sei making LOUD whirring/cracking noise

AzBo

:mad: Hi ma seicento is pissing me off
it is constantly making a very loud whirring/cracking noise (increases with revs calms down bigtime when just idling) it used to do this but thought it was alternator belt checked and tightened still making noise
BAFFLED please help (seems to be coming from right side and really sounds like the noise you get when you start your sei in mornin but this is jus a lot louder and wont go quiet)
Cheers AzBo

right hand side when ur looking at the engine?

is it a metallic tapping / whacking kinda noise.

wonder if its a bottom end problem, or stuck starter, clutch dropping to bits or summit like that.

right hand side when ur looking at the engine?

is it a metallic tapping / whacking kinda noise.

wonder if its a bottom end problem, or stuck starter, clutch dropping to bits or summit like that.

i have found where the problem is coming from its near the alternator belt or the belt itself (im pretty darn sure its the belt itself)

i was wonderin if anyone can tell me how much t costs to get the belt replaced and any short term fixments to keep it quiet

i am also having problems with closing myu bonnet the clip thingy the bonnet sits in just wont click in to place
please help
nice1 peeps

belts are less than a tenner, and easy enough to replace.

re the bonent release, check that the handle in the car has sat back where it is meant to and then poke the cable at the bonnet catch end. see if the cable is loose.

Back