Styling Sei Lockwood dials

Currently reading:
Styling Sei Lockwood dials

had a search on these and noone has seemed to attempted fitting them. ive tried taking the pod apart to put in blue bulbs but it seemed impossible without removing the steering wheel. so emailed lockwood and they sent me the instructions for this kit, but im still a little puzzled? does this make sense to anyone?

Attachments

• 44YYY.doc
    40 KB · Views: 71
they just seem vague! when i had a look at it, you seemed to have to remove the plastic around the steering column to get to the bottom two bolts that hold the capsule in place. i managed to remove the bottom section but i couldnt remove the top section as its tucked under the steering wheel.

these instructions seem to say you pop the back of the capsule off so im going to try that, just seem really vague!

vague for someone who hasn't take the dials out or doesn't have a manual... however if you know the back of your dashboard they make perfect sense ;)

SUCCESS!

just had a fiddle and its possible! i couldnt get the plastic surround off the column because i was missing two screws that were hidden! :eek: but once that was off it was easy to do! so im going to order lockwood dials!

however, also discovered, blue LED's cant be used unless your very good at soldering, they used tiny 2mm LED's soldered down which are also coloured to the specific light so not a easy job!

Have the lockwood dials come down in price cos they were at a disgusting price when they first brought them out?

theyre 35 pound, but i found a thread from a while back saying if you put fiatforum in the discout box you get 10% off i think. the annoying thing is i havent got the rev counter so only using half!

Still the same price as before then.

Id sell the rev counter one via classifieds for a fiver

Back