Technical sei - fuel tank recall

Currently reading:
Technical sei - fuel tank recall

i took mine for its check and it needs a new tank :( , it means i got to take it back and get it done

if anyone who has had the letter an hasnt had it checked i would advise cause u dont wanna be driving round on a ticking time bomb

chris took his in, and ever since its stunk of fuel - it doesnt need the recall work tho

and when we had it up on ramps, we noticed a gooey black liquid all over the bottom of part the tank.. odd

mine's a 51/2001 and it was replaced in may 2002 (i bought it in jan 02).
they took 10-15 mins to check mine over and took just over an hour to fit it whilst i waited in the service area. they cleaned my car for me though :D and got tar for coffee :(

arc said:
chris took his in, and ever since its stunk of fuel - it doesnt need the recall work tho

and when we had it up on ramps, we noticed a gooey black liquid all over the bottom of part the tank.. odd
Gooey black liquid is probably the protective tank coating dissolving in petrol. I'd take it back to the garage if I were you.

Oh dear. thats not good Pete.

Can yu solve this? I noticed mine had it yesterday!

I still haven't had my letter, how the hell do i get them to sort it out? I know mine is in the recall as i've checked the chassis numbers, my address is correct on the V5 and thats what they are supposed to use to get in touch with me. Everyone else seems to be getting theres :(

dawozere - don't wait - bug your local Fiat dealer.
They tried to bluff their way out of doing my cinq ages ago. I got the usual "We'll contact you" - no contact, "Fiat will contact you" - still no contact, "If you haven't been contacted you probably aren't affected" and all the usual guff. Eventually (Think it took 5 enquiries) they booked it in and changed it.

Tom - look for signs of a leak: no pressure in fuel tank after a run, smell or puddle of petrol, or a damp tank - usually above the seam on the passenger side. If it has been changed under recall, and you'll have to check with Fiat for this, then you may if extremely lucky be able to get a new one fitted foc. If it didn't get the recall, then it's too late.

Check all the other seals and connections too.

After a hell of a lot of bugging of both FIAT UK and my local dealer they have finally agreed to take my car in for the recall.

All other owners of Sei's affected by the recall: Don't wait for them to contact you, bug your local dealer, bug fiat uk, think get fiat uk to bug your local dealer, persistence pays in the end!

had mine changed today :)

im thinking that the new tank is a bigger capacity cause £20 normally makes the guage go up to the top, but it only went upto 3/4 when i filled it now

nah, petrol was same price, i would rather run out of it than pay top price:eek:

just seems strange, will fill it upto top next time and see how much it takes

Back