Technical sei fuel tank leak help

Currently reading:
Technical sei fuel tank leak help

mtblegend

Hi
Have noticed my seicento 1.1 53 plate has been leaking fuel.
It seamed to be leaking around the 1/2 way mark so i assumed the seam was corroded. I tried to repair with chemical metal but to no avail. It now seems to be leaking even though there is less than 1/2 tank in the car. I tried phoning my local fiat garage as regards the recall. They said there was a recall but mine was not affected. Should i try to contact fiat hq as regards the recall. My local garage quoted £400 which seams really expensive.
Any ideas
Many thanks
Mtblegend

Keep pushing for recall, however if it has been done before there may be little/no chance of another free replacement. It does fall well outside the recall however your model year so in some ways can understand where fiat are coming from, but they shouldve sorted the problem in first place

£400 is a bit on the steep side, a new tank is less than £75 off ebay IIRC

Arse on club cento have e-mail VOSA, and got his replacement tank for his cinq last year apr. and he said something along the lines the failed seam is due to being within spitting distance of the exhaust.

May be try that ?

ming

Deffo keep pushing for the Recall, its worth it. Mine was outside the recall date but they did it for free in the end any way. There are several very usefull posts on this if you search!

Back