Technical Sei column in a Cinq?

Currently reading:
Technical Sei column in a Cinq?

Liam said:
You'd need the Sei ecu to control the power rack, dunno if there are backwards compatible TBH.

Liam

Yeah, thinking about it, that figures: the speed output from the gearbox is easy emough, but you need something to convert the signal to make sense to the steering motors. It probably isn't worth the hastle unless I fit an MPI engine, and as the Cinq is eventually earmarked for a V6................

As is, I'm not strong enough to turn the wheel fast enough to get the kind of turn in on slow speed corners I can get from the Sei: it's not understeer, as such, but..........

And then, with a V6, I should just be able to apply a quick stab of right foot :D

Why the Sei rack on a Cinq? it just seems to make the whole car stupidly light... I want to go the other way, Cinq rack on a Sei!

Edit: oh well.. I kinda understand but not really...

StoneNewt said:
Why the Sei rack on a Cinq? it just seems to make the whole car stupidly light... I want to go the other way, Cinq rack on a Sei!

I know. ;) I like the Sei power rack -- IIRC, it's Lancia technology transfered to FIAT. I love the easy chuckability it gives the car, perhaps at the expense of a tiny bit of feel of front end breakaway. To me it's almost the best of both worlds: plenty of feel at high speed, plenty of action at low. Wish it was quicker, though.

Back