Technical Sei Arch Liners

Currently reading:
Technical Sei Arch Liners

Hallsy200sx

Thought I'd post a new thread for this as no-one answered on my other one.
After replacing cambelt & water pump on the gf's sei sporting the hardest bit was replacing the arch liner!!!!
Is there a nack to getting these back in? I can get it all in apart from the hole nearest to the shock (on the left of shock as you look at driver side) is about an inch out of alignment. Can't budge it. Seems to not br going in properly around the skirt area. Thought it would be OK like this but it catches going from lock to lock, on the track rod I'm guessing.

Am I just being a knob or are these things a bloody nightmare?

Hallsy200sx said:
Thought I'd post a new thread for this as no-one answered on my other one.
After replacing cambelt & water pump on the gf's sei sporting the hardest bit was replacing the arch liner!!!!
Is there a nack to getting these back in? I can get it all in apart from the hole nearest to the shock (on the left of shock as you look at driver side) is about an inch out of alignment. Can't budge it. Seems to not br going in properly around the skirt area. Thought it would be OK like this but it catches going from lock to lock, on the track rod I'm guessing.

Am I just being a knob or are these things a bloody nightmare?
they're a pain in the arse. i normally get the lower clips in place and then just smack the liner near the top till it clicks in place all round. whenever a screw hole lines up - get a screw put in before it all shifts!

They are! I had the same problem with mine! You just have to give it some patience and fiddle around with it! eventually it clips in - but make sure the small lip is over the arch!

Hope that helps! :D

I'll third this and say that using your feet to hold it in at the back whilst you use your hands also helps, old jeans and trainers help!

Liam

Glad it's not just me then!!

I'll have a bash at getting it on properly in a minute.

Well an hour later and I had it on properly, well - almost ;)

It just wouldn;t go fully home around the bottom of the arch/top of the skirt, no matter how much nocking, pushing, pulling I was doing, so it was that close to lining up on the hole that I just would the self tapper in where it was. Looks good to me :)

Back