Technical Sedici problems?

Currently reading:
Technical Sedici problems?

my wife has been running a 56plate 1.6 petrol for the last couple of months and apart from a slightly scored near side disc it's great. no reliability problems and very good value second hand.

we drive a 07 petrol........cat recall , will be done next week......other than that a good car with no trouble at all. we drive it on country roads only and it drinks 7.3 lt/ 100 km.....(y)

Over 12 months we have had .... rattling dashboard/squeeky front seats/screaching brake. All solved under warranty. A few niggles but overall a brilliant car for the money. I prefer driving this to my stilo just because of the height and it feels great to drive, especially in town and on country roads (but it does not do 0 to 60 in 8 seconds :devil:). Oh, and if you do a lot of motorway driving do not get the 1.6 petrol as it does get a bit raucous over 70mph.

But it is a very noticeable car, stands out in the crowd, and I always love getting the funny looks from the sx4 owners who don't understand the fiat badge. Don't believe the car is thirsty, but don't have figures.

We have a little nipper and she loves it too.

I would very much recommend the sedici.

We bought our 1.9 Diesel Sedici brand new last September 2007, in November 2007 while we were driving home from work the gear linkage cable broke, the car would not go into gear, had to call the AA waited nearly an hour, very dangerous situation when your driving along and all of a sudden your car wont go into gear. Sent the car back to the garage got it fixed, last Friday 24/10/08 driving too work the exact same problem happens again, the gear linkage cable breaks and the car wont go into gear.

Just after gettin it repaired now. Dont really want this car anymore! I really like it, but I just cant trust it! :(

Hi,

bought my Sedici 1.9 JTD in April 2008. Problems so far:

- rattling noise in the console (started on day 2 :mad: - 3 visits at the dealer could NOT solve the problem)
- rattling noise (side windows)
- almost impossible to shift into 2nd gear on cold temperatures (known problem for a specific series of sedici 1.9, solved on warranty)
- creaking noise when steering (esp. during low speed) - this is the latest problem (20.000 km) and will be fixed during the next 4 weeks (the complete steering must be replaced).

A few good things about the car:
Fuel consumption is between 6.5 and 7 liters/100 km which I think is OK and 4WD is superior in winter...

Regards,

Marcello

can any1 help me withgetting a steel wheel for my sedici 16" one,been quoted over£100 which i thot was pricy does any one have a spare they can sell me imin edinburgh but willing to pay pnp.any help/advice greatly appriciated.

get a suzuki one they are about £30; I ordered 4 from local suzuki dealer so that I could fit M&S tyres; they then called back to say that a customer had just bought a new SX4 and wanted alloys and did i want 4 wheels @ £20 each! Yes Please.
I did consider getting 15" wheels and higher profile tyres for a better ride but there was doubt over whether they would clear the calipers.
I get 36.6 mpg from my petrol 1.6 (08 reg bought Jan 2010 for £7500 "new" with 10 miles on clock from Fiat Direct)
Engine is a bit gutless for a 1.6 DOHC and I suspect is "detuned" but may improve when run-in; would have preferred a JTD but put off by price and reports of gearbox problems; the petrol is chain-cam so no cambelt to snap/replace.....
see my other posts re sedici

i'll try my suzuki dealer thanks,but u mite have just got lucky getting them for tht price,but worth a try.cheers.so if u have 4 do u have any spare?

Last edited:
Need help;
I posted on here befor about what thought was noise from the brakes but took a friend for a spin and he reckons its coming from transmission as it comes and goes depending if the switch is in auto or 2wd the cars only done 18000 miles could if be the tranmission oil also I have had to top the brake fluid up twice but can find no leaks anywhere.:bang:

I have a sedici 1.6 petrol 107HP 2009 model.Sometimes when i turn on the car the engine doesnt start immediately.I changed the sparks but nothing happent the problem is the same.I can hear the petrol pump working but i think that thats the problem!PLEASE HELP!

I test dove a Sedici today and really liked it, i was very impressed, has anyone had any problems with these (apart from the fact that they are japaeese) :p
I have a 07 plate Sedici I love it, it doesn't like the cold weather can take a couple of try's but eventually goes, had to replace sub frame last mot, and need a rear propshaft for this mot or it won't pass, can anyone help me.

I have a sedici 1.6 petrol 107HP 2009 model.Sometimes when i turn on the car the engine doesnt start immediately.I changed the sparks but nothing happent the problem is the same.I can hear the petrol pump working but i think that thats the problem!PLEASE HELP!
Did you solved this problem?

Back