General Sedici Diesel Options..

Currently reading:
General Sedici Diesel Options..

I like the look of the Sedici and might be tempted to change to one next year. In terms of the diesel options available from 2008 onwards, is the 1.6 M-jet available, and if so, can it be got with 4WD? Also, what is the fuel consumption like? And finally, one of the complaints levelled against the 1.9 M-jet was that it felt somewhat "agricultural" to drive. Is the 1.6 more refined?

The Sedici Diesel came orginally with the 1.9 Mjet 120BHP and was then upgraded to 2.0 135 BHP unit with the facelifted car released in October 2009. As far as I know the 1.6 Diesel was not fitted in the Sedici (though happy to be proved wrong!) The 2.0 'S2' Sedici was launched when Fiat had really stopped marketing the car in the UK so there are very few here. (If you find one let me know!!) We have the 1.6 Petrol so cannot comment on Diesel consumption/driveability.

Have a 1.6 petrol and have drive the 1.9 diesel, handling characteristics are the same.
Fiat never fitted the 1.6DDI diesel, it was available briefly in teh SX4 in 2WD only.
Only engines currenly on offer new are 1.6 petrol 2WD or 4WD and 2L diesel 4WD only.
I get just about 40mpg in my 1.6 petrol and other posts indicatenot much more with the 1.9JTD although I get 53mpg out of my 1.9JTD Marea estate.
The petrol is chain cam, the diesels belt cam and the belt, water pump, tensioners and pulleys do need to be changed at 40000 miles @ £300-400 a throw. The diesels also had potentially troublesome DPF's and problems with the 6-speed gearbox. If you do not need the 4WD then a used 1.6DDi SX4 is probably your best option otherwise the petrol engine with the later higher rated power output....

..... And finally, one of the complaints levelled against the 1.9 M-jet was that it felt somewhat "agricultural" to drive. Is the 1.6 more refined?
I can confirm, in my opinion, the agricultural description, although the description is really aimed at the sound of the engine rather than the drive. A proper diesel rattle! It depends what floats your boat, or what you can put up with, the sound doesn't bother me at all, I've never been in a quite diesel. (y)

Agreed 50p - the only 'quiet' Diesels I have been in have more than 4 cylinders........All the reviews you will see on the 1.6 Petrol state about the harshness under acceleration which it is but once up to speed it goes quite well! We get 34/35 MPG in ours - suits us!

Reactions: 50p
Back